Base Location: Havant (Reading is also possible)
Salary: up to £67,200 depending on skills and experience plus bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What is the Role?
As part of the wider Group IT team, you'll report to the Cloud and Security Operations Manager, managing the delivery of Group IT Shared Services as provided by our outsource partner and other IT delivery units in the UK and Ireland.
Whilst our outsource partner has responsibility, this role supports the overall accountability for the successful delivery, operation, monitoring and management of all operational security activities and associated risk management.
Drawing on your thorough knowledge of multiple technology towers and SSE business needs, you'll work closely with the CISO, CRIS and SOC organisations to ensure we have a proactive, strong and secure delivery operation.
What do I need?
- Knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principle
- Significant experience of combined IT and security work, with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multiplatform environments, with proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments
- Professional security management certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as International Standards Organisation (ISO) 17799/27001 and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (CobiT) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) frameworks
- Excellent understanding of Security implementation across delivery covering On Premise/Off Premise services including Cloud Providers such as GCP, Oracle, AWS, Azure, IBM
- Skill and experience in stakeholder management at all levels, including excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors, IT and the business
Please be aware if you are successful, you will be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.