Here at O2, we're about technology that creates new and exciting experiences. It's why there are over 25 million people who choose to live life on O2.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world's most innovative digital companies, we're able to open up all sorts of possibilities - not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That's why everybody's welcome at O2 - it's time to get everyone in the room.About the TeamAbout Business Operations
Business Operations is made up of number of key functional areas all focused on providing a safe and secure environment in which our people and customers can operate. We deliver our services to both internal and external customers every day and we provide the infrastructure (exc. IT and Network) upon which the business operates.About Security Operations
To protect all aspects of customer privacy and business integrity on the core networks for both Voice and Data.About the Role
Working as a member of the Technical Security team within Business Operations, you will own the relationship with the internal Integration and Test team and support all aspects of testing for Lawful Intercept on voice, packet and IMS core.
You will also provide operational support on Lawful Interception capability and deal with fault and routine maintenance issues with external agencies and vendors, as well as providing technical expertise on current and future IP and mobile services such as 5G/4G/3G/2G, VoLTE, VoWiFi, broadband, O2 WiFi, and SIP.Key Responsibilities
The position reports to the Technical Security Manager and is responsible:
Key Skills / Experience
- Defining the scope of testing and develop test cases for Lawful Intercept for Voice, Packet, IMS services, and new telecommunications technology;
- Developing test cases for Lawful Intercept testing;
- Planning of Lawful interception test activities with Integration and test teams;
- Supporting suppliers with testing of Lawful Intercept in the Integration and test environment;
- Analysis and verification of the results of any lawful intercept testing, including supplier;
- Reporting status of testing to project management and chapter 1 support team;
- Managing faults found during testing with relevant parties / suppliers;
- Supporting FOA and rollout activities in voice, packet and IMS cores;
- Maintaining the operational state of the equipment used for Lawful Intercept; including out of hours first line support activities.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly operational routines and monitoring of any system alarms with escalation as appropriate;
- Support the research engineer with queries on lawful intercept capability on new products and technology;
- Building positive relationships with Voice, packet and IMS core Integration and test groups.
We'll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
- Wide experience of the lawful interception on mobile networks and other access technologies;
- High level knowledge of GSM and UMTS voice core call scenarios and signalling;
- High level knowledge of GPRS, UMTS and LTE packet core sessions and signalling;
- Knowledge of IMS VoLTE call scenarios and signalling;
- Knowledge of Linux system administration;
- Ability to use TCP/IP & Ethernet protocol analyser;
- Ideally having previous UK Government clearance to SC or above;
We're looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we're open to considering part-time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we'll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.