Join us as a Senior Accountant
- You’ll control the financial ledger through policy setting, control, and risk and systems frameworks
- We’ll look to you to lead teams to make accurate and timely delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual financial information
- For someone with great financial control experience, this is a chance to gain excellent exposure as you work with senior stakeholders across the bank
- This role is available as a Senior Accountant or Team Lead
- We're offering this role for a period of 12 months
What you'll do
As Senior Accountant, you'll oversee the running of the accounting books, month-end activities and the preparation and audit of financial statements, alongside the auditor. You'll also control the financial ledger to lead to the delivery of the balance sheet and related statutory information.
You’ll make sure all accounting assurances control and substantiation per policy, and ensure that impacts of external and internal changes in policy and legislation are fully embedded on time.
In addition, you’ll:
- Participate in strategic projects
- Assess issues on overall financials, downstream processes and associated communications with different stakeholders
- Support systems testing, and system and process improvement initiatives
- Deliver full substantiation and reconciliation of the balance sheet and profit and loss accounts
- Set and manage internal controls
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need experience in accounting coupled with the ability to work to tight deadlines and priorities. You'll also bring extensive experience gained in a financial services or banking environment, and hold an ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification.
Along with this, you'll have experience of leading the delivery of core financial control and reporting outputs, including ledger close, balance sheet substantiation, and statutory and management reporting.
We’ll also look to you to bring:
- An understanding of the tax and accounting implications under Polish GAAP and IFRS
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Good MS Excel knowledge and analytical skills
- The ability to build and enhance key relationships at a senior level, and influence and challenge as required
- Experience of managing key financial deliverables
- Strong experience of working in an enterprise resource planning environment
- An astute eye for detail, and excellent problem solving skills