We are looking for an experienced Senior Accounts person to join our team at one of our unique RA Venues, Bristol Zoo!
Reporting into the general manager this is a standalone role where you will be accountable for all financial aspect's of the venue. This is an ideal step forward for a This is a busy and exciting environment that offers a varied role.
The RA Group is a collection of specialist food and guest services companies, bound together by the shared purpose of delivering exceptional customer experiences, our clients include corporate organisations, to iconic cultural and heritage venues. Job Description
Are you an experienced book keeper or Accounts person looking for a new opportunity?
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone that is looking to be part of a nationwide business working in a busy environment, our package is competitive and inclusive of the following:
*Competitive basic salary
*25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
*Study support for someone wishing to develop their accounting skills Main Responsibilities
Your main responsibility is to manage the finance function of the catering department at Bristol Zoo and Wild place Project on behalf of the catering department.
Your responsibilities will include:
The Ideal Candidate
- Working with Nexus (Our accounting software)
- Sales ledger - cash sales, invoices, OC numbers and credits where and allocation of payments
- Purchase ledger (inc. use of Foodbuy)
- Debt management (prevention and collection)
- Regularly meet with our client onsite to ensure good working relationship
- Support with in unit reporting - week-end and month end reports
- Manage our profit protection business framework - Identify risks/problems
- Work closely with the sales and operations team to deliver the finance aspect of the business and ensure all sales are captured and costs managed
- Manage cash and PDQ process' with operation teams
- Adhoc commercial tasks to support driving commercial sales as requested by line manager
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have experience with the following:
About The Company
- At least 2-3 Years' Experience in a Financial Accounting role.
- The ability to work independently whilst building strong working relationships with the Operations team and Sales team.
- Ability to carry out transactional finance function
- Proactive with a can do attitude.
- Ideally have used Nexus or EPOS
- Strong organisation skills as this is an extremely busy environment
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.