Shape better services as a Senior Actuarial Analyst
This role is home based role with travel as required to our client's sites. Study support is available.
You will be working directly with a client team, either on-site or remotely, liaising and working closely with them to deliver actuarial solutions to our Life Insurance portfolio of customers. The nature of our work means no two projects are ever alike and can include financial reporting, modelling, regulatory changes, remediation, and pricing.
Our team are exposed to a wide aspect of actuarial specialties, whilst also engaging with key stakeholders at some of the largest Life Insurance companies in the country. You'll regularly be joining new teams, working in different roles, so you will look forward to meeting new people and quickly getting up to speed with how you can deliver and create better outcomes for our clients.
- Lead, contribute to and oversee actuarial projects and deliverables
- Delight clients by delivering high quality actuarial work
- Work closely with key stakeholders at the client, keeping them informed of progress
- Design, propose and implement solutions, understanding the impact to the business
- Seek out further opportunities for work with clients
- Plan and prioritise deliverables and resources for projects
- Coach and mentor other team members
- Manage all stakeholders appropriately and professionally
- Champion and promote Capita Actuarial
What we're looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience of actuarial work in Life Insurance
- Exposure to multiple areas of actuarial work including financial reporting, pricing, IFRS17, modelling, actuarial project work and an understanding of your role in the context of a wider organisation
- Progressing with actuarial exams, although we will also consider those who have experience but have stopped taking actuarial exams
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a format and approach appropriate to the receiving stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel. Experience in modelling platforms or programming languages is beneficial.
About Capita Actuarial
At Capita Actuarial, we provide trusted and flexible actuarial support to our clients across the life and pensions industry. We have been supporting leading life companies across the UK for a number of years, offering actuarial solutions in all disciplines of actuarial work, from reporting and pricing, to the most modern project work, including Solvency II and IFRS17.
What's in it for you?
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you
We're an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We're committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you'd like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at email@example.com or call 07784 237318 and we'll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.