Location; UxbridgeClose Date: Tuesday 30th JulyWhat do the team do?
We are looking for a passionate Product Owner to be at the heart of one of our product teams to deliver innovative propositions for giffgaff, enabling business growth to be maintained.
You will be a clear thinker with vision, passion, energy, attention to detail, and a drive to learn and improve yourself and others. Collaborative and agile, clear in communication and honest, you will be a team player capable of working across a business that is on the path to true agility.
As giffgaff's Product Owner, you will be an integral part of our business, working closely not only with the rest of the product team but also with key stakeholders such as Marketing, Data Science, Business Intelligence and other areas of the business to make your product the best it could possibly be.
giffgaff is a little different to your 'normal' telecoms company. It's a mobile business owned by Telefonica, but run by its members. Sounds interesting? It is.
We want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It's important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market. Us folk at giffgaff are a spirited and disruptive bunch, not every now and then but everyday, yes, even on Monday mornings. Each and every person, who comes and works at giffgaff must believe that we are a David amongst Goliaths in Mobile-land. And much like David, we are successfully making a positive change.What part will you play in this?
What we're looking for:
- Shape the product vision and deliver key initiatives to increase giffgaff's Net Promoter Score
- Be the voice of giffgaff's members and build strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to effectively represent their needs
- Immerse yourself in insights and learning from competitor analysis, user research and qualitative member feedback and quantitative data to inform new ideas and optimisation
- Explore and champion new ideas, assess project results and celebrate success
- Lead the "Digital Foundations" product team to develop rock-solid payment journeys and to improve the overall user-experience of the website by delivering memorable, frictionless experiences to the giffgaff members
- Operate through an agile mindset: give guidance and present challenges, trusting and allowing the team to determine how to deliver what you require
- Contribute to the broader culture of giffgaff by promoting an agile mindset based on test and learn approach
This role requires the experience and mindset of an experienced Product Owner who has a collaborative attitude and agile mindset, together with the skills required to motivate, mentor and guide other team members and stakeholders.
To fulfil this role, you will need:
- Proven hands on experience as a Product Manager, working day to day as part of the Product team
- Able to deliver valuable change using agile and lean design principles
- Commercially focused - able to prioritise based on value and demonstrate the impact of problem solving on business KPIS
- Must be able to articulate how you use insight and data from other teams and how you have turned insights into products
- Confidence to work with senior stakeholders and the leadership team to influence and lead others to get onboard with your ideas
- A thorough understanding of agile principles and experience with different methodologies
- Must understand the mentality of building test, learning and getting feedback
- Experience working with cross-functional teams - including UX, visual designers, developers, QA, analysts and marketers
- Passionate about making members lives easier
- Comfortable with technical conversations - initiating and understanding them
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence at all levels
- Confident working with ambiguity - able to set a clear product vision and get buy-in from senior stakeholders
- Passionate about solving problems for our members
It is desirable to have experience of the following:
- CSPO qualification
- Agile coaching or training (tech and non-tech audience)
- An understanding of the telecommunications industry
- An understanding of payment platforms
This is a chance to work for one of the most sought after UK companies highly regarded for its innovative online collaborative model and recognised numerous times including uSwitch Which? and Mobile Industry awards.
In return for your outstanding efforts, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. At giffgaff, we believe that hard work should be supported and recognised.