About The RoleAbout this opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Senior / Associate Project Manager for the Midlands region – the opportunity can be based in either the Nottingham, Birmingham or Milton Keynes offices. You will be responsible for managing the delivery of project management and programme management services. This opportunity is predominantly focussed on Residential and mixed use experience of the enabling Infrastructure stage of housing developments. The successful individual will play a dynamic role in driving the pace of Gleeds Midland’s Residential Sector development to help meet the government’s agenda to accelerate housing growth.
You must have excellent technical abilities, strong communication, analytical and project management skills and enjoy working as part of a busy team. You will be able to think creatively and commercially to identify and implement new innovative service delivery solutions.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Senior professional Project Manager responsible for managing the delivery of Project Management and programme management services.
- Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives
- Positively engaging with customers and developing, growing and maintaining customer relationships
- Delivering high quality services and deliverables ensuring that services meet our Customer’s requirements.
- Managing projects and/or programmes to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures
- Administering contracts as a contract administrator, employer’s agent or project manager.
- Producing and presenting to customers
- Identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the business units activities
- Managing service delivery for profit.
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- Generous holiday plus option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
About The CandidateWho we’re looking for:Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Sound project management and/or programme management experience post qualification.
- Sound knowledge and practiced experience of project management techniques
- Ability to administer construction contracts as Contract Administrator, Employer’s Agent and/or Project Manager
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts.
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
- Methodical way of thinking and approach to work.
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating, financial and numeracy skills
- Sound ICT skills, with a high proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as part of a hardworking and ambitious team.
- NEC form of contract accreditation would be desirable
- Sound knowledge of major public sector funding streams and all required outputs, outcomes, eligibility and timescale issues
- Experience of working alongside Local Authorities to implement sustainable infrastructure improvements
- Appreciation and understanding of key issues and challenges on large scale Local Authority-led infrastructure and development projects
- Understanding, knowledge and experience of the Business Case approval process and liaison with various funders
- Extensive experience and understanding of Local Authority project management and governance systems
- Experience and understanding of interacting with Housing Developers
Ideally you will have obtained the following qualifications, consideration will be given to those who are working towards Chartership within the following.
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) or
- MAPM (Member of the Association of Project Managers)
About The CompanyJoining usBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
- We are committed to our clients and our people
- We are creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality