Join us as a Senior Auditor, Franchise & Functions
- In this key role, you’ll be contributing to independent audit engagement assurance by undertaking allocated tasks within the engagement life cycle within a team of professionals auditing the UK’s leading business bank
- We’ll look to you to provide quality, efficient and effective assurance and influence business managers in Commercial Banking to improve control as part of a digital and data driven organisation
- This is a fast-paced and varied role which will enable you to build your network at the bank, by collaborating with a broad range of stakeholders and senior employees
What you'll do
As a Senior Auditor, you’ll be engaging with business stakeholders throughout audit engagements, ensuring a good understanding of business risks and an open and effective discussion on key risks. You’ll also be assessing risks and controls and undertaking testing, effectively contributing to continuous monitoring by analysing MI or reviewing risk information.
On top of this, you’ll be contributing to discussions in order to influence the prudent management of risk, as well as leading small audit engagements, to produce effective engagement reports and opinions which successfully influence business managers to manage risk prudently within their risk appetite.
You’ll also be:
- Delivering elements of a regular or complex audit engagement
- Contributing to assurance planning and undertaking effective process mapping
- Coaching auditors and supporting them to realise their potential on the engagement
- Leveraging our industry leading audit methodology and tools
- Effectively sharing knowledge across the function in relation to specific engagements
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need audit experience or experience in risk management, with a strong understanding of the principles of good risk management.
You’ll also bring:
- A strong understanding of industry wide principles of effective risk management, including strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- The ability to assess and prioritise data effectively
- Experience of using data analysis skills in audit fieldwork to support audit findings and conclusions
- A thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with a clear communication style, with the ability to translate concepts in a clear and concise way