Join us as a Senior Auditor, Operational & Credit Risk
- Specialising in Operational & Credit Risk, you'll be contributing to independent engagement assurance by undertaking allocated tasks within the engagement life cycle
- We’ll look to you to provide quality, efficient and effective assurance and influence business managers to improve control
- This is a fast-paced and varied role which will enable you to build your network at the bank, by collaborating with a broad range of stakeholders and senior employees
- This is a great opportunity to broaden your audit experience, and develop your knowledge in Credit Risk.
What you'll do
As a Senior Auditor, you’ll be engaging with business stakeholders throughout audit engagements, ensuring a good understanding of business risks and an open and effective discussion on key risks. You’ll also be assessing risks and controls and undertaking testing, effectively contributing to continuous monitoring by analysing MI or reviewing risk information.
On top of this, you’ll be contributing to discussions in order to influence the prudent management of risk, as well as leading small engagements, to produce effective engagement reports and opinions which successfully influence business managers to manage risk prudently within their risk appetite.
You’ll also be:
- Delivering elements of a regular or complex audit engagement
- Contributing to assurance planning and undertaking effective process mapping and monitoring and testing effective controls.
- Leveraging our industry leading audit methodology and tools
- Coaching auditors, as well as effectively sharing knowledge across the function in relation to specific engagements
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need experience as an auditor within an internal audit function. You’ll need strong analytical and problem solving abilities as well as the ability to assess and prioritise data effectively.
Previous experience in Credit Risk is desirable but not essential.
You’ll also bring:
- A strong understanding of the principles of good risk management
- A thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A clear communication style, with the ability to translate concepts in a clear and concise way