Join us as a Senior Avaloq Developer
- Join us in a technical and challenging role, supporting Avaloq development in the investment area and API project requests from an Avaloq perspective
- You’ll be working with new and innovative technology to deliver high impact solutions
- Hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do
In this key role, you'll be providing business and technical end user consulting, while enabling close collaboration with developers, stakeholders, subject matter experts and third party suppliers. You'll focus on Avaloq development in the investment area, and your reporting will be done through Avaloq and MiFID II, among others.
We’ll also look to you to oversee the quality of work, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output.
- Providing third level and on-call support with incidents
- Acting as an interface and delivering third party application maintenance
- Design and develop software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Support the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services
- Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a computer science or engineering related degree or equivalent experience, coupled with an analytical mind-set. Strong programming, parameterisation skills and technical knowledge of Avaloq are essential, and you'll also ideally have first hand experience of API development. We'll also expect you to have knowledge and development skills in at least one programming language.
In addition, you'll need excellent English communication and language skills, and German would be beneficial.
You’ll also need:
- Experience with regulatory reporting, including Avaloq module STEX, MiFID and EMIR
- Knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies
- Experience of working in an environment where products must be delivered to specific timescales
- An understanding of how to translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
At NatWest Group, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
Who we are
NatWest Services (Switzerland) Ltd is an IT service provider and change enabler for the Wealth Businesses of NatWest Group. Our experienced teams are dedicated, determined and enthusiastic in using their capability and drive for innovation to design, build, maintain and run the delivery of an exceptional and sustainable service to UHNW, High Net Worth and Affluent clients.
The NatWest Group Wealth entities offer its clients a comprehensive range of private banking, wealth planning and investment management services through the Coutts, Adam & Company, Private Client Advice & Investment Services (PCAIS) and Premier Banking brands. To anticipate and respond to changing client demand, there is a growing emphasis on delivering a full range of innovative digital services.