About the role:
We are looking for a Cloud Operations Senior Engineer /Team Leader to provide day to day support for our expanding Azure Cloud infrastructure.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ensure all SLA’s are met.
- Diagnose and Fix all L2 and L3 related support incidents.
- Manage, maintain, support and improve our ability to respond to incidents across the entirety of the IT Infrastructure estate.
- Respond to incidents raised by the business in ServiceNow.
- Make recommendations to improve cost-efficiency or performance on the platform by re-architecting or changing the existing solution stacks.
- Highlight opportunities for automation of our resolution steps where possible.
- Serve as an incident management escalation point for major incidents.
- Support of all platform services, Azure SQL Database, etc.
- Maintenance and continual improvement of Azure monitoring solutions.
- Participate in the ITIL change and release process.
What’s in it for you:
- Demonstrable experience in a fast-paced operations environment.
- Be versed in all aspects of Azure technology, from IaaS to PaaS solutions.
- Knowledge of Azure automation desirable.
- Be highly technical in nature, especially with Linux or Windows.
- Integrate well with a small team of highly technical individuals.
- Be highly flexible in approach to the work required.
This is a high-profile role supporting the core of the infrastructure world, with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
Due to this being a new team there will be an opportunity to make a real difference and influence the provision and support of our Azure ecosystem.
Thames Water is on a very exciting journey to improve our IT services. You will be part of a new team creating our own in house multi-million-pound ITIL service management framework. You will be involved in continuously improving our service for our current and future long-term vision.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.