This is 12 month fixed term contract based in Erskine, Scotland working 24 hours per week
Salary – £35,000 to £45,000
Main Purpose of Job:
To secure grant funding and sponsorship for Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Co. achieving the annual income target. This fundraising is largely for employability support for Scotland’s most disadvantaged veterans including those with severe physical disabilities and mental health challenges. There are also other capital opportunities for SBMC including facilities, machinery and transport, and other RBLI activities such as LifeWorks and STEP IN that are relevant.
The post reports to RBLI’s Director of Strategic Development who is based in Aylesford, Kent, but needs to work in Scotland to secure support for Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Co. from Scottish funders.
The post holder will produce persuasive grant applications and sponsorship proposals, mainly for charitable trusts and statutory funding opportunities, although needs to flexible to undertake corporate and HNWI approaches and occasionally engage RBLI’s community supporters in Scotland.
Experience of working closely with colleagues across delivery/operational departments to develop service proposals and a successful track record in generating income through writing competitive bids is essential. An ability to work independently is a prerequisite.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Lead on regional fundraising planning and activity to achieve annual income targets for Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Co.
- Pursue varied income sources including trusts, statutory, corporate partnerships and HNWI, to ensure the annual targets can be met.
- Pursue opportunities at different giving levels to ensure targets are met.
- Ensure bid writing and other fundraising activities align with SBMC income requirements.
- Liaise with SBMC’s Director, and with operational and welfare colleagues at SBMC to ensure that all content required to support applications achieves the highest possible quality.
- Provide creative input into bids and supporting business case documents, to ensure they are appealing to a wide range of funders including trusts, statutory, corporate and HNWI.
- Engage RBLI’s senior stakeholders including CE, Exec Team and Advisory Board, in support of funding applications wherever impactful and appropriate.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with funders and other influential external stakeholders to ensure greater support for SBMC, high levels of donor retention, and the highest quality relationship management.
- Write quality project reports to secure pledged funds and achieve repeat gifts.
- Record details of all of the applications submitted and the outcome of each on RBLI’s database ThankQ
- Record details of all relevant networking, e.g. senior stakeholders for statutory bids.
- Provide RBLI’s Director of Strategic Development with regular updates, response analysis, and recommendations for growing regional support for SBMC.
- Attend events, presentations, pitches, Trustee meetings and arrange site tours in support of winning applications.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required, including occasional communications and events activity with community fundraisers in Scotland.
This role will be based in Scotland. It will be mainly home based with some time at Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Co. at Erskine in Renfrewshire e.g. for donor tours.
- A ‘can do’ attitude, proactively looking for new opportunities.
- Organized and systematic ways of working on long term plans.
- Winning writing ability, in a range of different styles.
- Able to communicate complex issues and projects clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines and manage a varied workload.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of working well with a range of departments within a large organisation.
- A flexible team player able to go the extra mile to service supporter needs, and win for RBLI’s beneficiaries
- An evidenced track record of successful grant, trust or statutory funding applications including 6 figure gifts and multi-year commitments
- Track record managing programmes of mixed activity to deliver on annual financial targets
- Experience working on corporate partnerships or securing corporate sponsorship
- Ability to work at a fast pace, to multiple deadlines, and across a variety of projects
- Ability to work independently while regularly checking in with operational teams and senior managers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to brief and involve staff at all levels, including CE and Board level.
- Evidence of flexibility in writing styles – ability to write differently for different audiences
- Strong understanding of trust and statutory stakeholders
- Good knowledge and understanding of the issues and debates important to trust and statutory stakeholders, their professional pressures and priorities
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Scottish charity sector, and statutory trends specific to Scotland
- Face to face presentation skills
- Education to degree level or specialist IoF training across several relevant disciplines or to Diploma level.
- Experience working for a social enterprise
- Experience in statutory business development roles
- Experience of capital fundraising campaigns
RBLI offer a competitive holiday allowance, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date