HORIBA MIRA, (hereafter known as MIRA), is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
Connected & Autonomous Vehicles (CAV) represents a major global market opportunity. To deliver this opportunity, HORIBA MIRA features a Capability Group that leads the commercial response to this market. The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of innovative technical solutions in CAV technologies on behalf of our clients and as new products and services for HORIBA MIRA. The role will be delivering solutions to meet current and future challenges for CAV development and deployment.
- Deliver innovative, world leading solutions to meet current and future challenges for CAV development and deployment.
- Deliver high quality engineering and consultancy to support customer requirements aligned to the delivery of robust, safe and reliable CAV technologies.
- Build effective networks, both internally and externally, to support the growth of the business.
Key Functions of the role include but not limited too:
- Technically deliver innovative, world leading solutions to support current and future client CAV development and test requirements.
- Leading the technical delivery of individual work packages and tasks within multiple and highly complex projects on time and to budget.
- Contributing to the full lifecycle of projects using a Systems Engineering approach and ensuring business processes are adhered to.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to develop innovative ideas and technologies in the area of CAV products and services for future development programmes and commercially exploitable propositions.
- Technical dissemination to promote the technical excellence of CAV capabilities.
- Support the writing of technical content for proposals compliant with the client’s statement of requirements in conjunction with the technical and commercial leads.
- Support client meetings and liaise with clients when necessary to support the winning and delivery of programmes.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in this rapidly developing field to ensure we always deploy the most appropriate solution and client centric service.
- Support the development and delivery of the HORIBA MIRA strategy plan.
- Support the development of CAV technical capabilities, internal knowledge transfer and technical team development.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years experience working with CAV related technologies.
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver complex technical solutions.
- Ideally over 4 years experience of developing and delivering CAV technical solutions.
- Working in a cross-industry engineering consultancy business.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a technologist who can bring innovative solutions to complex problems. Qualities that we will look for in a successful candidate will include:
- A keen interest in autonomous vehicles, robotics or mechatronics.
- Well versed on Systems Engineering concepts.
- A hands-on, can-do attitude.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstration of creative thinking and openness to new ideas.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Contribute effectively in an open and collaborative team environment.
- An ability to convey technical information succinctly and confidently.
- Self-starter with an ability to take ownership of objectives.
A relevant engineering or science degree.
Post graduate qualification systems engineering, or sciences.
HORIBA MIRA has 70 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.