About The RoleSenior Commercial Manager
Bristol/HPC - 3 days on HPC site with the rest of the days being local office/home. Travel and expenses paid including accommodation if needed.
Full-time with flexible working and core hours Gleeds is a leading global property and construction consultancy. Independent since 1885, we are proud to deliver award-winning projects around the world. We are a gold standard investor in people employer, with our people at the heart of everything we do. Climate change and Sustainability is at the top of our agenda, we have been established within the energy sector for the past 40 years and have achieved significant growth in the past years as we contribute to a sector that will have trillions of pounds of investment over the next decade. Our teams are at the forefront of the change, managing life changing projects in Solar, Hydrogen, Nuclear, Renewables and Defence, and we want you to be part of that too.
We are recruiting a Senior Commercial Manager to join our team permanently providing support to a major nuclear infrastructure project, Hinkley Point C. As a Senior Commercial Manager you will provide contract management and administration of large professional service and construction contracts, provide support to the development and operation of electronic contract management systems, and provide contract and risk management planning and implementation.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Britian's future power generation. Your day to day could sometimes involve:
- Management of contracts from inception (pre-contract support e.g., tender evaluation) to completion (post-contract support)
- Operating with NEC 3 form of Contract Options A, C and E
- Issuing /reviewing early warning notices
- Priced and Assessed Compensation Events
- Monthly Commercial Reporting
- Management of Contractors and Subcontractors accounts
- Updating Risk Registers
- Reviewing programmes
- Issuing payment certs and valuation assessment of the works
However no two days are the same, we are a flexible team that support each other’s projects as well as getting in involved with wider business activities and we believe that variety is key to your development.
About The CandidateWho we're looking for
What we can offer you in return
- Relevant experience in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management, experience in the Nuclear / Civil engineering / Engineering (Including Service Contracting) sectors is desired but not essential.
- Broad spectrum of technical knowledge relating to Procurement, Supply Chain, Cost and Commercial Management - ideally both pre and post contract. Experience of standard forms of contract, including the NEC suite, and Public Contract Regulations 2015 would be beneficial, and candidates personal and communication skills, ambition, drive and energy will be considered equally important to be successful.
- Ideally HNC, HND or Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying / Cost Management, Construction Law, or similar / relevant discipline, or in some case applicants with an alternative background (e.g.: Engineering) may be considered.
- Professional qualifications and/or membership of the RICS, CIOB, CICES, CIPS or other relevant Chartered Institute are desirable, and will be supported if not already attained.
- Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of significant financial value.
- Clear opportunities to develop and grow your career through training and further qualifications
- Fantastic networking opportunities to grow your personal brand and expand your understanding of the industry
- Generous holiday allowance plus the option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme.
- Highly competitive salary and the opportunity to increase this through continuous reviews
- Employee Assistance Programme to ensure your health and personal well-being comes first
- Our global travel scholarship programme gives you the unique opportunity to gain global experience
- Flexible working arrangements to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance
- Volunteering opportunities to engage with your local community or charitable organisations
- Unparalleled support from central teams and a company that is recognised as a gold standard investor in people
About The CompanyJoining usBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities.We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual. We will also consider candidates on a part-time basis.Gleeds is a Great Place to Work certified employer.