Senior Commercial Manager
- Join Gleeds Energy’s Nuclear New Build team!
- Flexible hybrid working, London (W1) or Bristol (BS11) 1-3 days a week - Travel and accommodation provided
About this opportunityGleeds is a leading global property and construction consultancy. Independent since 1885, we are proud to deliver award-winning projects around the world. We are a Great Place to Work certified employer, with our people at the heart of everything we do.Climate change and Sustainability is at the top of our agenda, we have been established within the energy sector for the past 40 years and have achieved significant growth in the past years as we contribute to a sector that will have trillions of pounds of investment over the next decade. Our teams are at the forefront of the change, managing life changing projects in Solar, Hydrogen, Nuclear, Renewables and Defence, and we want you to be part of that too.At Gleeds, our projects take us across the globe, giving you opportunities to travel or to remain at the office base you choose.
- Permanent, full time with flexible working and core hours
Gleeds Energy is recruiting for experienced Commercial Managers to join our Nuclear New Build team in delivering projects on the construction of Britain's newest nuclear power stations, Hinkley Point C and Sizewell C. These projects will play a crucial part to Britain's Energy independence, economic growth, and our ongoing Energy transition to create more sustainable and environmentally friendly energy source.
In the role of a Senior Commercial Manager, you will own and manage commercial relationships for suppliers within your portfolio. You will be the primary point of contact for all supply chain/commercial matters relating to the portfolio of suppliers/contracts and work closely and pro-actively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
This includes working as part of a multi-disciplinary team within a Programme.
A full job description can be provided after application.What we are looking for in our next Senior Commercial Manager Experience
- We are seeking candidates relevant experience in construction Procurement/Commercial Management, experience in the Nuclear / Civil engineering / Engineering (Including Service Contracting) sectors is desired but not essential.
- Proven ability of working within a complex major project/programme environment in both procurement and post-procurement phases.
- Candidates will have a broad spectrum of technical knowledge relating to Procurement, Supply Chain, Cost and Commercial Management - ideally both pre and post contract. Experience of standard forms of contract, including the FIDIC and NEC suites, and Public Contract Regulations 2015 would be beneficial, and candidates personal and communication skills, ambition, drive and energy will be considered equally important to be successful.
- Ideally you will have be HNC, HND or Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying / Cost Management, Construction Law, or similar / relevant discipline, or in some case applicants with an alternative background (e.g.: Engineering) may be considered.
What we can offer you
- Professional qualifications and/or membership of the RICS, CIOB, CICES, CIPS or other relevant Chartered Institute are desirable, and will be supported if not already attained.
- Clear opportunities to develop and grow your career through training and further qualifications
- Fantastic networking opportunities to grow your personal brand and expand your understanding of the industry
- Generous holiday allowance plus the option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme.
- Highly competitive salary and the opportunity to increase this through continuous reviews
- Employee Assistance Programme to ensure your health and personal well-being comes first
- Our global travel scholarship programme gives you the unique opportunity to gain global experience
- Flexible working arrangements to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance
- Volunteering opportunities to engage with your local community or charitable organisations
- Unparalleled support from central teams and a company that is recognised as a Great Place to Work certified employer
About The CompanyBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a Great Place to Work certified employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality