About the role:
The role is for a Senior Commercial Manager to support Ernst & Young.
We are looking for an experienced individual with a finance, legal or extensive supply chain/customer management background. You will support and advise Client Executives and the Account Senior Leadership teams. You will actively participate and advise on commercial issues and undertake customer engagement activities.
Coordinated into the business, the Senior Commercial Manager’s role is to optimize, together with the rest of the Account team, the Atos commercial position and to ensure effective management of the contractual and commercial risks we hold.
The Senior Commercial Manager adds value to our external clients by building strong trusted commercial relationships and delivering highly professional contract and commercial management services that facilitates a shared view on the contractual and commercial landscape. The Senior Commercial Manager’s negotiating style should deliberately be “easy to do business with”, being positive, open, collaborative and passionate about win/win.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Client Executives and the account teams in commercial and contractual discussions with the client around contract change, new business proposals, commercial disputes and emerging customer requirements
- Contributing to the business strategy for the accounts
- Supporting financial performance improvement activities including revenue performance, profitability and working capital (including WIP, debtors and cash collection) and engaging across other sectors as required
- Providing assurance and commercial approval for contract changes and new business proposals
- Drafting and / or reviewing contract change notices to ensure compliance with the main agreement and evaluate the financial/commercial impact on Atos
- Ensuring that contracts are actively supervised, and commercial risk exposure is identified, reported and mitigation plans are put in place, agreed and supervised
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to improve commercial performance
- Supporting the financial planning processes (Sales Rally forecast and budgeting)
- Engagement in and support to training, knowledge sharing and succession planning
Signs of success:
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a rich combination of experience, validated skills and personal attributes. See below to find out if you’re the person we’re looking for.
Skills we can’t do without:
- Detailed knowledge of financial measures (e.g. Profit & Loss, Cashflow, WIP, forecasting, etc.) and the ability to explain them to non-finance managers
- Experience with various legal documents including Master Services Agreements, Contracts and Schedules, Memoranda of Understanding, Letters of Intent and commercial NDA’s
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sophisticated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong commercial awareness
- Experience in working directly with senior client managers
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions within delegations of authority
- Risk Management experience will be considered an advantage
How to apply:
Confident this sounds like you? Please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.