About The RoleAbout this opportunity
The Oxford office is a thriving office specialising in the delivery of high quality architecture and projects. As a result of securing additional workload in the HEFE and Science and Pharmaceutical sectors, we are looking to recruit highly motivated and experienced Quantity Surveyors/Cost Managers.
Senior professional responsible for managing costs and budgets of construction projects, including new builds, renovations and maintenance works – from early cost advice to settlement of the final account.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives.
- Positively engaging with Customers and developing, growing and maintaining Customer relationships.
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that cost management deliverables meet Customers’ requirements.
- Managing projects to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
- Preparing and presenting order of cost estimates and option studies.
- Cost planning.
- Cost-in-use studies.
- Advising on and implementing procurement strategies.
- Preparing tender documentation and managing the tender process, including designing tender marking schemes.
- Evaluating and reporting on tenders.
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments.
- Settling final accounts.
- Providing technical advice on legal and contractual issues relating to construction projects.
- Administrating contracts as Contract Administrator or Employer’s Agent.
- Producing and presenting reports to Customers.
- Mentoring and coaching employees to their full potential.
- Identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Units activities.
- Preparing bids for services.
- Managing service delivery for profit.
- Advising Directors promptly of any issues that have arisen, or that might arise, on projects; in particular those that might impact on Gleeds professional indemnity (PI) insurance
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- 24 days holiday plus option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our Global Travel Scholarship Programme
- Flexible working arrangements
About The CandidateWho we’re looking for:Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Sound cost management experience post MRICS qualification.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience of cost estimating and planning.
- Cohesive knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Practical knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies.
- Sound knowledge and experience of post-contract cost management tasks
- Clear and effective communication skills - both oral and written
- Methodical way of thinking and approach to work
- Organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments.
- Excellent problem, negotiating, finance and numeracy management skills
- Sound ICT skills, with a good level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts
- Ability to work as part of a team
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
About The CompanyBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality