Are you a Cybersecurity Engineer looking for your next challenge? Do you want to be part of a growing team that develop and deliver advanced test and engineering services for new vehicle technologies? Do you want to contribute to the future of global road transport solutions? If you are a dynamic and proactive Cybersecurity Engineer this could be the role for you!
As off-board information relating to the current environment and position of a vehicle become key, and the role of the driver is progressively being removed from vehicle control; the electronic systems that replace the human inputs need to provide extremely high levels of dependability to ensure public acceptability of these technologies.
The implications of new technologies for connectivity, autonomy and electromobility are driving significant changes in the way that the industry must engineer, test and verify next-generation transport solutions.
MIRA is looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to join a unique and growing team within the Vehicle Resilience department. Based at the heart of the UK automotive industry, they will form part of the growth strategy within HORIBA MIRA. This role will include, but not be limited to, delivering and developing MIRA’s trusted automotive cybersecurity service and product offerings, including:
- Delivery of cybersecurity engineering services with emphasis on a risk driven approach
- Research and development of new cybersecurity services and products
- Supporting the wider multi-disciplinary team of Cybersecurity, Electromagnetic Resilience and Functional Safety experts in developing and delivering integrated Vehicle Resilience services.
This technical role requires a highly motivated individual with experience in risk-driven engineering methods, security analysis and creative but structured problem resolution.
We are offering the chance to work in a world-class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise. We offer full-system design, test and integration expertise to automotive, defence, rail and transport industries and also specialise in developing low carbon and autonomous and co-operative driving technologies.
At our headquarters in the Midlands, we have access to one of the most comprehensive vehicle proving grounds which boasts 93km of test tracks and over 35 world-class test facilities and laboratories. Our facilities, combined with the engineering expertise of our 600 strong team makes MIRA Technology Park Europe’s number one location for transport sector R&D.
5+ years of experience in a cybersecurity related field covering some combination of the key functions detailed previously.
Experience in all of the following:
- Security engineering including:
- Threat analysis and risk assessment
- Development of cybersecurity concepts and requirements
Experience in some combination of the following:
- Wireless technologies (e.g. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC)
- Wired networking technologies (e.g. CAN, Automotive Ethernet)
- Embedded operating systems (e.g. QNX, Linux, Android)
- Sensing technologies (e.g. RADAR, ultrasonic)
Experience in any of the following:
- Security engineering for cyber-physical systems
- SAE J3061 or other appropriate cybersecurity standards
- Systems engineering
- Cybersecurity testing
- Cybersecurity assessments
- Automotive software frameworks (e.g. AUTOSAR)
- Cryptography principles, applications and implementation considerations
- Developing and delivering training courses
The successful candidate should:
- Be capable of delivering a high standard of technical writing
- Be capable of presenting technical information confidently to customers
- Be a self-starter and able to take ownership of and execute designated tasks accurately within timing and budget constraints
- Have well-developed analytical skills – rigorous but pragmatic, being able to justify decisions with solid rationale
- Have good interpersonal skills – a consensus-builder not confrontational
- Be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Be capable of working under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Hold a full driving licence
- Be willing to travel and work flexibly: The job is likely to involve trips or extended placements at customer facilities within the UK or overseas
- Be willing to engage in the security clearance process and work on defence related projects
Bachelors degree (minimum 2:1) or equivalent qualification in electrical / electronic engineering, computer science, cybersecurity or other relevant discipline.
Relevant Masters Degree or PhD.
Professional membership of a relevant engineering or computing institution for example Chartered Engineer.
HORIBA MIRA has 70 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
The successful candidate must be able to work in the UK without restrictions and meet UK government security vetting criteria.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, this role does meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.