About the role:
The Wholesale Market Services team are looking for a commercially minded, data curious, Senior Data Analyst to identify data issues through reporting, reconciliations and analysis using technical skills (SQL) and lead resolution through appropriate process and stakeholder engagement.
As part of the role, you will automate data fixes and updates through scripting to enhance data accuracy and integrity while continuously driving operational efficiencies, automating process wherever possible.
You will be required to monitor, analyse, interpret, report and audit data flows between internal systems and the Open Water Market, all the while increasing awareness of the impact of poor data and drive improvements across the business.
You will ensure market transactional integrity is maintained through process and system improvement, analysis and stakeholder engagement.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Issue identification and resolution:
- Proactive holistic monitoring of information indicating overall business health
- Galvanising multi-functional, cross-discipline teams to resolve problems
- Spot fix data/transactional issues at source
- Recommend changes to systems to increases levels of automation, and increase efficiency
- Ownership of issues from identification to completion
- Develop subject matter expertise regarding WMS Market Systems, their associated business planning and key reporting processes and combine this knowledge with their own expertise to drive issue resolution
- Provide relevant and effective operational data analysis and interpretation;
- Apply modelling and analysis tools, business analysis methodologies and standards giving consideration to business perspectives
- Work closely with colleagues in other functions at all levels, and providing insight and challenge into the operational and process owner teams or project managers.
- Ensure Market transactional Integrity is maintained through the process and system improvement, analysis and stakeholder engagement
What’s in it for you:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, modelling, verification, methodology development and business process improvement
Data analysis methods and techniques, excellent Data Analyst skills;
- SQL (Mandatory)
- Transac SQL (Highly Desirable)
- Microsoft Office (Mandatory)
- Infosphere and DB2 (desirable),
- VB scripting (desirable)
- Team worker able to work in a pressurised environment
- Problem Solving oriented
- Numerical and analytical capabilities.
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with the UK non-household competitive water market
The UK water industry is rapidly evolving - all business customers now have a choice of their water and wastewater supplier. We are responding to this challenge by becoming more market-focused and implementing innovative changes needed to enable this competitive choice.
As part of the wholesale market services, this team is required to facilitate the delivery of our business’s new market obligations. We enable the sale of services to all companies licensed to operate in the water markets, this equates to over £400m of revenue that is managed within the team. As well as managing approximately £40m of risk associated with market compliance.
This is a unique opportunity to play a major part in shaping and driving this process, creating revenue and insight for the business. We will provide you with all the tools you need to grow within the business and embark on a successful career with Thames Water.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.