Senior Engineer Location:
Stafford Park, Telford Business Unit:
Highways Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Kier Group has long believed that we all have the potential to shape our world - and leave a lasting legacy. So bring your talent and ambition to our team and you'll be given the scope and opportunity to achieve just that - investing in your own future, building your expertise and contributing to a diverse culture that's helping shape the world of tomorrow.
Every day, 210,000 vehicles travel across the 31,000km of roads, bridges and tunnels that are built, maintained and operated by the team here at Kier Group. It's one of the reasons why we're acknowledged as the UK's No.1 Highways Services team -delivering £1 billion of social value to the six million people and wider communities who rely on our expertise and experience. Can you join our team? Yes, you can - if you want to be valued for who you are as well as what you do, in a company shaping the future. About the role
In this exciting role you will prepare and over Road Renewal and/or improvement design at Development, Preliminary and detailed Design stages for Delivery on the Highways England Area network. You will also be involved in preparing technical reports and drawings, dealing with project related correspondence, undertaking site surveys when required as well as assisting in project administration and control including monitoring of costs and programmes. What we need from you
- Significant experience in the development and detailed design of highway maintenance and improvement schemes, preferably on Highways England's Road Network.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of highway assets and the appropriate solutions for renewal or improvement
- A thorough knowledge of and experience in applying Highways England's Design Manuals and Specifications
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience using quality, environmental and health and safety legislation and management systems, particularly CDM 2015
- Project and programme management, with ability to use MS Project advantageous
You can also expect a competitive salary and a strong benefits package that includes:
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to our valuable pension scheme -
- Kier Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Options to participate in Cycle2Work and
- Payroll Giving schemes
- Two employee Share Scheme options
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping
- Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, trusted and focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer. Let's shape your world together
Application closing on 4th March 2021