Gleeds is a leading global property and construction consultancy. Independent since 1885, we are proud to deliver award-winning projects around the world. We are a gold standard investor in people employer, with our people at the heart of everything we do. Climate change and Sustainability is at the top of our agenda, we have been established within the energy sector for the past 40 years and have achieved significant growth in the past years as we contribute to a sector that will have trillions of pounds of investment over the next decade. Our teams are at the forefront of the change, managing life changing projects in Solar, Hydrogen, Nuclear, Renewables and Defence, and we want you to be part of that too.
- Consultant to Associate Director level
- Mainly home based so location is flexible as long as its within a commuting distance of a local office such as Warrington (WA3), London (W1), Birmingham (B3), Bristol (BS1) or Manchester (M2)
- Full-time with flexible working and core hours
Gleeds Energy’s Estimating team is growing to meet the demand of our clients in the Nuclear New Build and Defence sectors. We are based all over the UK with reach back to local offices so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home and still feel part of a business trying to make a difference.
Our team works on a variety of estimating tasks for clients whether its delivering a estimate from first principles as part of a team or parachuting in when projects are in the red to provide expertise and assurance. Your responsibilities in this role will look like the following:
- To produce and manage prequalification submissions to the required standards and on time.
- Develop the tender strategy with the bid team, manage & measure and financial element of the submission
- Assist in accurate technical appraisal and costing of opportunities in required timescales
- Development of estimate plans and solutions and to lead client estimating activities where required
- Utilise different and appropriate estimating techniques in development of estimates for validation, benchmarking or independent analysis.
- Methods of determining time, cost and quality relationships and their influence on accuracy of the total estimate.
- Recognised as an expert in estimating services and provide knowledgeable input into Estimating Process, Guidance and development/coaching of wider estimating community.
- Ensure that all estimates are reviewed, approved and documented or presented.
- Have a broader understanding of other project controls elements such as planning, earned value, progress measurement, cost and change control pre and post-contract
However no two days are the same, we are a flexible team that support each other’s projects as well as getting in involved with wider business activities and we believe that variety is key to your development.
About The CandidateWho we're looking for
What we can offer you in return
- Relevant experience in Estimating/Cost Management, experience in the Nuclear / Civil engineering / Engineering (Including Service Contracting) sectors is desired but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are ideal. Methodical way of thinking and approach to organisational skills and the ability to adapt quickly. Excellent problem, negotiating, finance and numeracy skills are also beneficial.
- Ideally HNC, HND or Degree qualified in a Cost Management, Construction Law, or similar / relevant discipline, or in some case applicants with an alternative background (e.g.: Engineering) may be considered.
- Professional qualifications and/or membership of the RICS, CIOB, CICES, CIPS or other relevant Chartered Institute are desirable, and will be supported if not already attained.
- Clear opportunities to develop and grow your career through training and further qualifications
- Fantastic networking opportunities to grow your personal brand and expand your understanding of the industry
- Generous holiday allowance plus the option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme.
- Highly competitive salary and the opportunity to increase this through continuous reviews
- Employee Assistance Programme to ensure your health and personal well-being comes first
- Our global travel scholarship programme gives you the unique opportunity to gain global experience
- Flexible working arrangements to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance
- Volunteering opportunities to engage with your local community or charitable organisations
- Unparalleled support from central teams and a company that is recognised as a Great Place to Work certified employer
About The CompanyBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a Great Place to Work certified employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality