This is an exciting opportunity to join the UK Defence Exploitation Facility (UK DEF). We carry out exploitation of recovered materiel to provide impactful intelligence to support military and security operations.
The Exploitation Threat Analysis (ETA) team use the exploitation results generated within the Lab to produce fused intelligence products for a variety of customers. We also provide Technical Threat Analysis to support the MoD Science & Technology programme.
Our Analysts conduct analysis and interpretation of a wide range of data and information sources. You will use innovative approaches and techniques, and build relationships with partners across the organisation, and with other relevant agencies in the UK and overseas.
In addition, our Senior Analysts maintain an understanding of customer requirements and priorities and have a broad view across UK DEF casework. This will enable you to spot opportunities and direct exploitation and analysis to add value to UK DEF products.
In this role you will:
• Coordinate and lead on delivering specific casework, Requests For Information (RFI), and other analytical tasks.
• Source, acquire and analyse relevant threat information from within Dstl, wider UK MOD, UK govt and partner nations to inform customer decision making and provide direction to the research programme.
• Report results of analysis in different formats and styles, including verbal briefings to customer and partners at all levels of seniority.
• Identify improvements to positively impact the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Provide training and supervision to colleagues to ensure sustainment and development of the capability.
• Maintain an up-to-date understanding of Operational priorities and requirements of our partners, including internationally.
• Provide timely recommendations to UK DEF management to highlight opportunities for pan-capability investigations or fused products which will improve the value of our products.
• Identify emerging requirements for exploitation products, assess options for delivery and provide recommendations as to how these may best be delivered.
• Provide review and feedback to ensure that UK DEF products are high quality, timely and meet customer needs.
• Promote our capabilities to improve co-operation and encourage collaboration with international partners.
We are looking for someone who has:
The skills and desire to deliver excellent quality threat analysis work in support of military, intelligence and counter-terror operations. You will be an excellent communicator, self-motivated and able to work collaboratively with a wide variety of technical specialists and exploitation partners. Additionally, you will have the drive to seek out new opportunities and innovative approaches, and help develop the capability to deliver consistently high impact.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Self-motivated and use own initiative to plan, design, carry out, develop and report on individual tasks within an overall analytical programme.
• Knowledge of analytical tools and techniques.
• Good information management skills and IT skills including the use of key Microsoft products, Excel, and Sharepoint
• The ability to communicate analytical findings clearly and concisely, and in a style and format appropriate to varied audiences.
• Ability to produce results under pressure and maintain attention to detail.
• Ability to learn, assimilate and retain information from a range of diverse sources.
• Demonstrated ability to identify the key issues from the vast amount of data/information received
• Ability to monitor efficiency of procedures and recommend improvement actions.
• Current knowledge of the operational situation and Intelligence data, information and sources.
• The ability to act as a role model, driving best practice within the team, and engaging constructively with customers to build consensus, manage challenges and promote the capability.
• Experience of working both autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Experience of delivering high quality analytical products and presenting complex information in a clear and accessible manner.
• Experience of identifying and shaping stakeholder requirements.
• Experience of using analytical tools such as ARCGIS and I2 Analyst Note Book.
• Experience of respresenting your capability area at a cross-government and/or international level, and influencing the technical direction of analytical tasks.