Join us as a Senior Finance Planning & Performance Analyst
- This role will see you helping to provide insightful financial support that will drive senior and executive financial and commercial discussions and decisions
- We'll look to you to bring the full weight of your analytical expertise to a fast paced, collaborative environment
- You’ll report financials for one of the UK’s biggest Asset Finance and Invoice Finance provider, giving you excellent exposure for your work
What you'll do
As a Senior Finance Planning & Performance Analyst, you’ll be providing timely and reliable financial insight and decision support through commercial and financial MI to drive senior and executive discussions. We’ll look to you to deliver reporting including financials, hierarchy, budgeting and forecasting as well as finance initiatives and projects, drawing actionable business insights from these and developing solutions to meet business needs and improve processes.
Working with business partners and senior business intelligence managers, you'll be identifying opportunities to improve P&L, providing periodic reporting and responding to ad hoc business requests for information and analysis. You'll also leverage your business and finance knowledge both within the divisional Finance team and the wider centre of excellence community in Poland, the UK and Scotland.
Through the course of your work you’ll be:
- Reviewing our existing processes and reporting on developments, ensuring consistency in the design, approach and principles to reporting and optimisation
- Influencing cost management decisions through your commercial and financial expertise
- Providing commentary to explain data movements and the outlook for the future periods, along with revenue forecasts
- Developing and maintaining professional, effective relationships with customers, stakeholders and employees at all levels
- Providing training and coaching to less experienced colleagues
- Building a culture of continuous improvement, leading by example and encouraging idea generation
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need a relevant qualification in accountancy or equivalent experience in a comparable field. You’ll have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex financial information in a concise, non-technical manner and a proven track record of working both from your own intuitive and as part of a team. You'll also need to be fluent in both written and verbal English.
Analytical skills are a must for this role, and you’ll bring an enquiring nature along with excellent problem solving capabilities.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Experience in a business analytical environment and the financial services
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and modelling
- The ability to understand multi-banking products
- Good commercial and business acumen
- Good planning and organisational capabilities, and the ability to work in a flexible environment
- Stakeholder management skills including building and influencing relationships
- Experience of using multidimensional reporting and planning tools and advanced MS Excel