What's in it for you
Being a part of M&S is exactly that - becoming a part and playing your part. We're an inclusive, dynamic, exciting, and always evolving business built on core values.
Here are some of the benefits we offer that make working for M&S just that little bit more special
- 20% Colleague discount on most things from furniture, fashion and food.
- A first-class welcome to M&S with a tailored induction and a wide range of training schemes to help with your learning and development. Having options to progress is something we're proud of at M&S.
- Attractive annual bonus, based on company performance and personal objectives.
- Competitive holiday entitlement with the potential to buy extra holiday days!
- Amazing perks and discounts via our M&S Choices website. Including GymSave - that offers up to 25% off Gym Memberships and the option to become an M&S Shareholder using our ShareSave & ShareBuy Schemes
- Charity Volunteer Day - A paid day away from work to support your chosen charity.
- A very generous Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Every colleague at M&S has access to a fantastic range of wellbeing support - this includes access to our 24/7 Virtual GP, PAM Assist to support you & your family as well as many other schemes
What you'll do
Your key accountabilities will include
- Responsible for all reporting and requirements for the Property and Intercompany R2R finance functions.
- Providing Technical expertise to Commercial finance teams and ensuring timely delivery of Statutory Accounts for subsidiary company entities
- Responsible for leading the Intercompany processes, coordinating with other Group entities to ensure timely and accurate accounts.
- Responsible for IFRS lease accounting for Property
- Lead the team to support the business transformation with the delivery and execution of key projects using standard processes and automation.
Who you are
Your skills and experience will include
- Drives implementation of changing priorities positively and develops the team to do the same
- Strong Technical and advisory capabilities, comfortable with principles and concepts of Group accounting under IFRS
- Adapts influencing style to achieve a positive resolution that maintains successful relationships
- Experienced accountant with post qualified experience (ACMA, ACA, ACCA)
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the retail industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That's why we're revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There's never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact.
We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
If you consider yourself to require reasonable adjustments to any part of our recruitment process, we invite you to share those requirements with us when completing your application. We will make every effort to ensure your needs are met to provide a fair and transparent process of assessment.