Join us as a Senior Front End Developer
- In this key role, you’ll collaborate with multiple stakeholders to design, build and deliver solutions to internal customers
- You’ll be partnering with the business and technical stakeholders, driving out high quality value add web based solutions
- This is an opportunity to gain exposure as you educate and sell opportunities and developments in web based applications across the bank
What you'll do
As a Senior Front End Developer, you’ll be designing, building and supporting web based applications, as well as producing resilient and long lived software that meets current non-functional requirements and is flexible to cope with future functional and non-functional needs.
You’ll also be:
- Assessing user requirements and stories to arrive at effort required
- Internally validating all code written for yourself and peers
- Assisting in managing environments and code through QA and release processes
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with knowledge and experience across relevant web based languages and technologies, paired with a track record of building web based applications. You’ll be educated to degree level in computer science, software engineering, similar or hold equivalent experience.
You’ll be a very capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills. It would be good for you to have Agile environment experience, and experience with Scrum or Kanban, or be comfortable working in rapid, iterative processes.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Strong practical experience creating complex frontends using React or Redux
- An eye for UX with appropriate skill-set to implement improvements
- Relevant experience from an industry in developing web based applications
- The ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
- The ability to understand and be able to support, modify and maintain systems and code developed by other engineering teams
- Experience of working in Agile projects