HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for a Senior Healthcare Administrator to participate in organising and planning all administration duties on both sides of the prison to meet the provision for an effective Healthcare. This role will also involve line management responsibilities for the healthcare administrators and assisting the Practice Manager with the induction process for new employees within the healthcare team.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country's only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use Restorative Approaches' to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links' offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
For more information on Sodexo Careers please visit Sodexo Careers and Careers in Justice Job Description
37.5 hours per week
Benefits including 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays),pension, discounted health cover, subsidised gym membership, free meals on duty and free on-site parking
Salary £20,275 per annum Main Responsibilities
- Carry out departmental duties and services to prisoners in accordance with the Prison Regime, Policy and Procedures.
- Line Management responsibility for Healthcare Administrators, including completion of all performance appraisals and return to work documentation when necessary.
- Participate in organising and planning all administration duties on both sides of the prison to meet the provision for an effective Healthcare.
- Responsible for collating data into report formats as required by the Head of Healthcare and Practice Manager for dissemination internally and to interested parties
- Review, monitor, organise and cleanse clinic time for all clinicians
- Liaison point for PDU regarding the request for patient Medical Records.
- Assist the Practice Manager with the induction process for new employees. Setting up S1 and Windows accounts and liaising with new employees with regards start dates and shadow shifts, and ensure that they undertake the induction criteria and collate checklist for evidence purposes.
**full job description below** The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in an environment where attention to detail is essential.
- Understanding of Information Governance and Data security.
- Able to operate relevant IT applications/systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, including assertiveness and self-motivation
- Excellent communication and people skills;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
About The Company
- Experience of working in a people-facing role or with vulnerable groups
- Minute taking.
- Line Manager experience
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years' worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.