Pinnacle Group provides people-first, integrated services across a range of community-facing assets and infrastructure – including multi-tenure housing, schools, open spaces, public buildings, utilities and broadband networks – as well as a range of complementary employment and wellbeing outcomes. Across the UK, Pinnacle supports over 300,000 homes, 200 schools and 80 public buildings creating value, providing stewardship and generating positive outcomes for our customers, our partners and our clients.
Our Central Services teams support Pinnacle’s operating businesses by providing professional support to the operational business including: Compliance and Audit, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, IT, Procurement, Health and Safety.
The Role - Senior Management Accountant
This is a fixed term post circa 6 to 9 months, reporting to the Finance Director. This post will have overall responsibility for the Systems & Management Accounting function for the Group. The Group comprises thirty companies, and circa 500 cost centres. This is a demanding role. The job holder is pivotal in ensuring quality management information is prepared in a timely fashion, by the Management Accounts Team
This is a full time role offering a hybrid working pattern with the need to be in the office on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Produce accurate and meaningful monthly Management Accounts in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Provide analysis and commentary of monthly results, reporting on significant adverse variances to the business model and consulting with operations and the CFO to understand the variances and their future impact.
- Produce the Monthly Finance Report for the Board.
- Produce Quarterly shareholder reporting pack.
- Oversight and review of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations process.
- Manage and support the junior members of the Management accounts team.
- Assist the Statutory Team with the annual audit process and the reconciliation of results between the management accounts and the statutory accounts.
- Support the promotion of financial literacy throughout the Group.
- Experienced management accountant with proven history of Systems implementation, maintenance and reporting therefrom.
- Experience of staff management and development
- Hardworking, resilient, and calm under pressure
- Used to working to and meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to deal with high volumes and granular levels of detail.
- Effective communication and inter-personal skills at all levels
- Ability to challenge, analyse and proactively develop solutions.
- Uses initiative.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA) or QBE
- Extensive experience of software implementation Finance and Budgeting systems - interaction with and use of Power BI an advantage
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office suite)
- Knowledge of Power BI
- Aptitude for learning / developing new systems.
Pinnacle Group strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from anyone regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, age, trade union activity, marital status, religious belief or sexual orientation.
We are Armed Forces friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners