Join us as a Senior Microsoft SQL System Engineer
- If you’re an experienced system engineer with demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft SQL database technologies, this is an excellent opportunity to join us
- Joining the infrastructure team, you’ll play a key role in implementing our cloud first strategy throughout the technical environment and maintaining it through Agile working practices
- It’s a chance to put your technical expertise to the test and make a tangible impact on our function
What you'll do
As a Senior Microsoft SQL System Engineer, you’ll take primary responsibility for the Microsoft Server and Microsoft SQL environment. You’ll also be providing third level and application support, undertaking solution architecture tasks and working across multiple projects.
Your other key responsibilities will include:
- Implementing, supporting and maintaining the tuning of standalone, FCI Microsoft SQL clusters
- Maintaining the Microsoft Windows server and Microsoft SQL server platform baseline configuration, including introducing new features and managing the security and configuration baselines
- Creating scripts for automating technical infrastructure services and requests
- Creating design and operational documents
- Executing incident, problem and change management processes
- Working both independently and as part of a team to achieve project based outcomes
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft SQL database technologies, especially FCI as well as backup restore management. You’ll have strong knowledge of optimising complex T-SQL queries and indexes using execution plans, extended events and other appropriate tools, as well as profound knowledge of Microsoft sever operating systems.
As well as this, you’ll have significant experience as a system engineer within an enterprise environment, and you’ll have worked as a Microsoft SQL database administrator in a clustered HA environment during this.
You’ll need to have a computer science or engineering related degree or equivalent experience, coupled with excellent English communication and language skills.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Strong scripting skills in PowerShell, with an ability to develop complex scripts from scratch
- Hands-on Windows server management experience
- A strong understanding of common enterprise infrastructure and technologies
- Experience of integrating infrastructure applications
- A good understanding of how to implement least privilege security within an AD environment
- A good understanding of the web application technology stacks
At NatWest Group, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
Who we are
NatWest Services (Switzerland) Ltd is an IT service provider and change enabler for the Wealth Businesses of NatWest Group. Our experienced teams are dedicated, determined and enthusiastic in using their capability and drive for innovation to design, build, maintain and run the delivery of an exceptional and sustainable service to UHNW, High Net Worth and Affluent clients.
The NatWest Group Wealth entities offer its clients a comprehensive range of private banking, wealth planning and investment management services through the Coutts, Adam & Company, Private Client Advice & Investment Services (PCAIS) and Premier Banking brands. To anticipate and respond to changing client demand, there is a growing emphasis on delivering a full range of innovative digital services.