Wincanton are looking for a Senior National HSEQ Training Instructor to join our Group Operations division.
In this role, you will be responsible for for the collective running of the Wincanton environment and sustainability training programs (IEMA), writing, and delivering training across the business and ensuring programs are continuously reviewed and updated in line with legislation and industry best practice, helping equip people with the knowledge and skills required to support our sustainability agenda.
This is a home based, Monday to Friday role with national travel to our sites required several times a year. Most courses are delivered in Lutterworth (Leicester),so ideal candidates will live in East Midlands. A company car is provided.
Salary circa £45,000 p.a depending on experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To deliver environmental training to meet course objectives using a range of teaching methods.
- Specifically, to deliver the following courses,
- Certificate in Environmental Management (PIEMA)
- Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers (IEMA)
- Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce (IEMA)
- Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (IEMA)
- Introduction to NetZero (IEMA)
- ISO 14001:2015 EMS Internal Auditor (IEMA)
- Leading with Environmental Sustainability (IEMA)
- Pathway to NetZero (IEMA)
- Emergency Spill Response Training
- To liaise with Divisional HSEQ Managers / HSEQ Senior Management Team to ensure training offering supports business needs and feedback any concerns following discussions in training courses.
- To contribute as a SME and support the development of high quality training courses as required in line with current company standards and objectives using a range of teaching methods.
- Support the regular review and maintenance process for course training materials to ensure they are always up to date with relevant material and legally compliant.
- Evaluate success and impact of training given.
- Work with the HSEQ team and wider business to identify opportunities to increase the training offering.
- Keeping up to date in developments in training by reading relevant journals and publications
- To produce timely and accurate reports for training analysis
- Deliver training on a UK national basis.
- Budgeting and Forecasting - Be focused on course fill and availability to ensure that value is driven by maximizing delegates and delivery schedule.
Experience, skills and attributes:
- Formal training qualification i.e. CTLLS, Level 3 AET, BTEC Award in Education and Training (L4)
- Experience of delivering Environmental and Sustainability courses
- Good understanding of Health and Safety practices
- Dynamic and creative
- Confident and proficient at developing learning courses and materials .
- Strong communication skills and verbally articulate
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Consistent, polite, approachable and helpful
- Advanced user of PowerPoint
- Open to new ideas and keen to explore new methods of training and delivery
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- IEMA - Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management Course or NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate
- PIEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- Ability to deliver safety focused courses.
Our Culture & Benefits
In addition to a generous salary, we really value our people and offer a friendly, safety-first working environment, along with other benefits including company pension scheme, generous holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits include, online discount platform, onsite parking and much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Be a part of our values; Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Proactivity, Togetherness & Trust.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. We want to create an environment where all colleagues feel safe, supported and valued, whilst feeling they can be their whole selves within our workplaces. We are proud that our colleagues represent us and our successes. Attracting diverse teams, we believe in creating an inclusive, respectful organisational culture for our colleagues and future talent.
Find out more: Wincanton champions a diverse workforc