Job Title: Senior Naval Architect - Structures
Location: Bristol, UK - Hybrid - working from home options available
Compensation: £46,589 - £52,118 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 42567
Creating change together
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Naval Architect at our Stoke Gifford, Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibility.
Babcock International and Devonport
The Senior Naval Architect role is based within our Devonport Royal Dockyard business area.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
The difference our new Senior Naval Architect will make
As a Senior Naval Architect, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary; as you'll be planning Whole Boat engineering requirements, through the entirety of a commission for each of the Vanguard and Astute Class submarines.
Day to day, you'll be aiding in the management and sentencing of requests for changes to maintenance activities and policy; so, you will be working closely with relevant Subject Matter Experts across Babcock, the Royal Navy, MoD, and Industry Partners.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role requires regular travel to Stoke Gifford, Bristol on a weekly basis alongside home working arrangements.
* Degree qualified in a relevant engineering-based discipline or HND with demonstrable experience.
* You will be an experienced engineer ideally, with a good understanding of nuclear submarines and structural maintenance, surveillance and defect rectification.
* Strong communications and presentation skills and a proven ability to produce technical reports of a high professional standard.
* This will require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance and be a sole UK national.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme - save tax and national insurance on shares, with 1 free share per 10 purchased
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Employment development allowance - £125 per year
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reward and Recognition Scheme linked to Health and Safety
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.