Senior Network Architect
Location – Basingstoke
Part time working will be considered
Are you an experienced IT professional with proven experience in designing, delivery and managing Network Services? Can you demonstrate excellent Network design skills using Cisco & Juniper technologies? Do you want to make an impact and change the way the world works? Do you want to collaborate and achieve together with committed people? This is your world and your opportunity to transform it for the better.
We are looking for a Senior Network Architect who has experience in delivering crypto solutions. They will assist in the design, delivery and management of Network Services on a project within a secure environment. Your main responsibilities are:
- Provide day to day support to the Solution Lead, Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network designs as specified in work packages.
- To support the Lead Architect/ CTO in defining designs in line with requirements.
- To take ownership of HLD/LLD components for specific key design areas.
- To ensure that the network requirements within the project’s Requirements and Traceability Matrix (RCTM) are met.
- To interface with all project stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are aligned and technical solutions and allocated resource are used in the most efficient manner.
- To provide technical and network expertise relating to standard network architecture building blocks (i.e. Core, Distribution, Access layer)
- To ensure the designs produced are fit for purpose and are capable of being put through Design Approval Board (DAB).
- To ensure that the designs produced by the project are conformant with Fujitsu’s Business management standards
- Provide input into reports, when required, to the Customer, Programme team and Solution Lead
- Liaise with and assist with managing 3rd parties and their technical deliverables
- Provide impact assessment on customer and internal Change Requests
- Excellent design experience in proposing and utilizing technologies from Juniper and Cisco
- Experience of delivering network solutions and involvement throughout the design lifecycle
- Experience of delivering secure networks and associated security accreditation processes
- Network design within virtualized infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of approved hardware encryption devices, such as Catapan and Bulldog
- Juniper JNCIS-ENT accreditation
- Cisco CCNP/CCDP accreditation
- Firewalls specifically from Juniper, Cisco and Fortinet portfolio
- Network Routing protocols i.e. BGP,OSPF
- SVI/RVI and VLAN design and configuration
- Network Time Protocol design and configuration
- SNMPv3, Syslog,
- AAA design and configuration
- IPv4 and IPv6 Network Addressing
- Remote Access solutions and VPN design i,e Cisco AnyConnect
- Network troubleshooting
- Passive infrastructure – i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
We are Fujitsu. A Japanese company with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do more and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full self to work. We call this Be Completely You.
We are inclusive. As a responsible business, it is important to us that we reflect the diversity of our society and customers. Not only are we a Disability Confident company, a Times Top 50 employer for Women and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter, we are also committed to the United Nations standards for LGBT+.
We are people centric. This means we care about our people (and their families) and appreciate that everyone has a life outside of work. By supporting our people to Work Your Way, we empower them to achieve a flexible and respectful approach to work which suits them and our customers best - this could be working hours, location, or a flexible approach to their working day.
We want you to thrive. If working for a progressive organization, with a continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion is important, you should apply.
Fujitsu has been recognized as a Disability Confident Leader by the Department of Work and Pensions. This is in recognition of our commitment to recruiting, retaining and employing people with disabilities. As a Disability Confident Leader, we offer a guaranteed interview to all candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria for a role, and are experienced at making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. Please let me know if you would like further information.