Job Title: Senior Non-destructive Evaluation / Testing Engineer
Location: Rosyth, Scotland
Full-time and Part-time Considered
About the role and team:
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic individual in the Non-destructive Evaluation / Testing field to join a high-performing team of multi-disciplinary structural engineers. Our team includes subject matter experts in delivering critical test and evaluation of complex maritime structures.
Candidates can be considered for part-time if preferable and this should be highlighted in your application.
What will I be doing?
- Acting as, or operating under, the overall technical lead being responsible for time, cost and quality of team and individual work.
- Production of timely and proactive engineering outputs - through attending and contributing to meetings and other communication methods- both formal (written, e.g. reports) and informal, as required.
- Definition and delivery of technical work plans, resources and tasks, working with the project manager on schedule, budget, risks, dependencies and constraints.
- Ensuring effective governance to demonstrate that the technical solution meets appropriate regulatory, legal, safety and engineering standards.
- Fully capturing and understanding the customers' requirements and providing innovative solutions to customers' problems.
- Leading or contributing to bidding activities.
- Building and development of customer relationships to seek out new or follow-on opportunities.
What do I need?
We are seeking positive individuals with demonstrable experience in one or more of the subject areas listed below to be based in the Dunfermline/ Edinburgh area.
- NDE - Ultrasonic inspection in the disciplines of Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD) and Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT).
- NDE - Of Benefit- wider experience of alternative techniques such as Eddy Current, Tangential Eddy Current Array (TECA), Dye Pen, Mag particle, radiography etc.
The ideal candidate will be competent to provide PAUT and TOFD inspections of maritime structures for submarine and surface ships. They will be PCN qualified in these domains to PCN Level 2 or greater and be confident in the generation of work instructions for new inspections. An awareness of maritime structures would be a key benefit as would any knowledge of welding and materials. Similarly PCN qualification in Eddy current would be of benefit.
- PCN Level 2 or higher qualifications in ultrasonic Inspection, TOFD, PAUT or Eddy Current
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in an appropriate engineering role
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You'll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what's happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.