Job Title: Senior Planning Engineer
Location: Plymouth, UK - Hybrid - Working from home options available
Compensation: £ 39,408 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 45810
Amplify your impact
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Planning Engineer at Devonport.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
Babcock International and Devonport
The Senior Planning Engineer role is based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth.
Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
The difference our new Senior Planning Engineer will make
As a Senior Planning Engineer you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Make a difference in maintaining an area within the facilities, helping to deliver plans to time and cost and ensuring design requirements are fulfilled on the facility. You will be key in helping to support the through life and end of life maintenance of submarines.
Day to day, you'll manage a small team of Planning Engineers (2). The role incorporates the functions of developing detail within existing post initiation projects, accurate progress reporting and analysis, variances investigation and reporting, managing project baselines, change management, project reporting and programme tracking/update.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements - mainly working from home with necessity to go into the office on occasion for site meetings.
* BTEC in an engineering discipline or relevant experience.
* Previous planning project experience would be ideal with P6 OR APM knowledge.
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 180 hours (5 weeks) plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8%, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme - save tax and national insurance on shares, with 1 free share per 10 purchased
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Employment development allowance - £125 per year
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reward and Recognition Scheme linked to Health and Safety
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online.
Closing date: 12/08/2022