giffgaff is a little different to your `normal` telecoms company. It`s a mobile business owned by Telefonica, but run by its members. Sounds interesting? It is.
giffgaff is a fast growing mobile network. Our business model is unique - we take a highly collaborative approach with our members who help (and are rewarded for helping) across all areas of the business. Our vibrant online community, online platform and immense value proposition are key to our success. We do not have a retail footprint or expensive call centres, so we can pass these savings straight on to our members in a way that no other telecoms business does.
As a lean organisation, our team is built of people who are multi-skilled, highly motivated and flexible - if that sounds you like you we`d love to hear from you.The Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior PR Manager to join giffgaff.
giffgaff is 10 years old this year and this role is crucial to giffgaff's growth. This is a wide reaching role and you must be comfortable and excited about taking the space and making a big impact. The role will encompass product, social purpose, propositions, brand comms, reputation crisis management, culture and SEO, working with the wider business and our PR agency to craft comms across broadcast, print, online and experiential to drive awareness, acquisition and brand love.
You will be passionate about the power of earned media, blending strategic thinking, turning communication trends into practice, utilising your contacts and media relations and managing our PR agency in order to promote and protect the giffgaff Brand.
We are happy to hear from candidates interested in part time or full time roles.What you'll do:
What you'll need to have
- Tell the story of our business through big-picture narratives, whilst managing multiple projects with giffstaffers across the business to craft the story of giffgaff: who we are, and where we're going.
- Work with reporters and our PR agency on a daily basis, juggling a combination of proactive and reactive communications efforts that protect and enhance our reputation.
- Create and implement our PR strategy and how it works within the wider media mix, define and measure success with KPIs.
- Showcase our work as a responsible and respected corporate citizen through our social purpose - and challenge us to do better.
- Handle crisis communications, to proactively spot reputation related issues and respond quickly to incidents.
- Thought leadership - build out a programme that focuses on high impact speaking and press opportunities that communicate giffgaff to other industries.
- Work with key product, propositions and brand partners within giffgaff, building a deep understanding of Commercial/Culture/Marketing/Product/Proposition objectives in order to tie comms work directly to desired business outcomes using planning and deployment of best-in-class comms campaigns.
- Work with senior executives and stakeholders: you'll be a key partner, working closely with our CEO and the C-suite to ensure our messages are communicated to the right channels, using the right message and the right giffstaffer.
- Develop and strengthen communication preparedness for reputational issues, risks and crisis.
- Develop and implement spokesperson plans to support focus areas and prioritised topics. Act as a spokesperson when appropriate.
- Be a coach across the business when it comes to PR and media relations. Manage, prepare and guide giffstaffers involved in external media communication or public/industry events.
- Manage our PR agency to deliver the annual PR communications plan through national and regional publications incl. broadcast, print and digital.
What you'll need to be:
- A first class news sense - able to identify both potential positive publicity opportunities and negative publicity threats.
- High level of organisation, managing multiple projects and stakeholders with an ability to challenge and inspire to get the best out of people.
- Brilliant media contacts (and experience) across broadcast, press, online, social - the lot.
- 8 years minimum experience in Communications
- Experience in developing, managing and delivering communications campaigns and projects that stand out and capture attention.
- Creative and strategic approach to generating innovative publicity campaigns , leading them with confidence.
- An established track record, ideally with a brand that's made a splash due to the high profile publicity campaigns you've orchestrated.
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm and a level head in even the most stressful situations
- A key contact list, who has experience disrupting and gaining attention.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the complete media landscape (including social media), usage and measurement
- An excellent storyteller - both written and verbally: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple but credible arguments.
- A self starter: We want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. You'll be used to working calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- A creative thinker: You are able to analyse trends and identify creative ways to make giffgaff relevant. You can build campaigns from scratch and are able to work cross-functionally with various teams to create and amplify ideas.
- A fact finder: You'll love getting into the details and understanding an issue from all sides.
- A PR strategist: You'll need a minimum of 8 years of experience in communications and/or journalism, as well as experience working with senior executives.
PCGURole Closing Date:
09/10/2019We'll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We're looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits.
Our commitment to flexible working allows us to consider requests for part time and flexible working hours to be options for this role. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining giffgaff will give you the freedom to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. Take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.