Our growing team embraces the definitions of Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and belonging in a vibrant workplace. Resilience Engineering, helping to make our world safe, secure and sustainable; through Safety Engineering, Asset and Data Analytics whilst solving the Engineering challenges of the future.
The Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Division within Atkins/SNC-Lavalin is at the leading edge of Safety Critical Systems Engineering. We provide a range of independent and unbiased advice in safety engineering to a wide range of markets and clients. These roles require a diverse range of professionals with an understanding of safety management in the broadest sense.
Our team offers a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients. We are seeking multiple Senior/Principal Safety Management Consultants with ideally a good understanding of the Aerospace & Defence and wider Markets to provide guidance and direction in the development of safety management solutions for our clients, including:
- Support to sales;
- Assurance of work undertaken by project teams;
- Providing a vision of future needs to support the development of capability;
- Leadership of major safety management assignments for clients.
We are looking for consultants who can help our clients to manage their systems safety within the land domain. You will be working with our clients to deliver safety management projects and will have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.
We require individuals who have self-motivation and enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and develop new skills and possess professional characteristics. You will be someone who is looking to make the next step in their career and to join a team that will provide all the opportunities for further progression that come with being part of a growing business.
- Professional in approach and performance, with a proven background in;
- Experience in the implementation of Safety Management Systems and the interpretation and analysis of results;
- Working Knowledge of Industry and Defence Standards such as Def Stan 00-056, Defence Safety Authority Regulations (various) in particular DSA02-DLSR.LSSR.
- Proven track record of developing Safety Management solutions at enterprise, platform or at system level;
- Accomplished Practitioner within Safety Critical Systems Engineering;
- Experienced in developing proposals and providing technical assurance;
- Develop innovative Safety Management solutions to support operations;
- Interrogate data systems to assess safety performance and risks and optimise decisions;
- Manage and motivate project teams through strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Build sustainable relationships with customers and develop future business opportunities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills commensurate with the role, including the preparation and presentation of reports to both internal and external customers;
- Knowledge of the Defence and wider markets, or major contractor’s experience.