About The RoleAbout this opportunity
We are currently looking to recruit a number of Project Controls professionals, across all levels of experience and seniority, to support the continuous growth of our UK business.
You will be working as part of the Project Controls team within our Infrastructure business, with the opportunity to work on multiple commissions across a wide range of sectors including Rail, Roads, Highways, Water, Utilities, Ports and Energy.
As a Project Controls professional, you will play a critical role supporting our Project Delivery teams through the application of best practice principles across all aspects of Project Controls; Planning & scheduling, cost control, change management, risk management, benefit management, performance reporting and data analytics. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Planning and scheduling support:
- Provision of support and consultation to project teams around planning outputs for commissions such as planning strategy, methodology, breakdown structures, key dependencies and interface management.
- Production of robust, contractually compliant schedules for all levels of engagement – from high level strategic schedules to fully cost and resource loaded construction schedules (level 4)
- Provision of client/customer side schedule review services; Analysis and scrutiny of received contractor schedules for quality assurance, validation and / or contractual acceptance.
- Baseline and progress management; Production of periodic progressed/updated schedules, impacted and mitigated schedules to manage change, and as-built schedules for delay analysis.
Cost control and change management:
- Provision of accurate cost monitoring, forecasting and benchmarking.
- Creation and maintenance of required cost control documents and change registers.
- Support commercial teams through understanding of contract management (NEC3,NEC4, JCT etc.) to identify, communicate and respond to change.
- Assist the site, project and commercial teams with reports on agreed dates, budgets, forecasting and cost.
- Identification, definition and communication of benefits in the early programme / project lifecycle through liaison with clients, customers and key stakeholders.
- Implementation of benefit realisation measures, production and maintenance of a benefit management plan.
- Undertaking benefit tracking and recognition throughout programme / project lifecycles, performing post-implementation analysis and benefit realisation reviews.
Performance reporting and data analytics:
About The Candidate
- Establish and communicate reporting requirements, KPIs and metrics for clients, commissions and contracts.
- Monitor and report against schedules at all stages of pre-construction and construction, including the use of S-Curves, trend analysis, Critical Path analysis, resource usage and earned value management.
- Develop data structures, processes and procedures to provide suitable reporting environments and create periodic reporting suites.
- Utilise data collection, analysis and intelligence technologies to provide benchmarking, prediction and insight services to support continuous improvement.
Who we’re looking for:
This role involves working with Gleeds teams on existing projects and commissions, getting involved in seeking out and bidding for new opportunities, and representing Gleeds on exciting new ventures with clients and partners. Successful candidates will need excellent communication skills, a forward thinking approach and the ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and industry contacts. Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Experience in working on one or more Infrastructure sectors (Rail, Roads, Highways, Water, Utilities, Ports and Energy).
- Experience working on large scale portfolios, programmes or projects
- Experience and good understanding of working with the common standard forms of contract (NEC3 and 4, JCT and FIDIC)
- Must have a strong understanding of Project Controls practices, processes and tools to be able to undertake a majority of the responsibilities of the role as detailed above.
- Significant capability in the use of scheduling software (Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Asta Powerproject) and Office 365 essential, cognizance and experience in the use of various cost control, risk management and reporting tools preferable
- Member of or working towards professional membership of RICS, CIOB or APM.
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
About The Company
- A generous holiday scheme plus the option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
Be part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
●We’re committed to our clients and our people
●We’re creative and realistic
●We combine professionalism with personality.We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.