Job Title: Senior Project Manager - Belfast Translink Offices
Location: Translink Office, Belfast, BT12 6PU
Compensation: £67,745 - £74,500 plus Car Allowance of £6,087 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44293
This is your opportunity to join Babcock Rail as a Senior Project Manager. You will be required to lead and manage the planning, and delivery of all Translink rail works to ensure that all contracts and service agreements are delivered in compliance with all contractual, SQE and legal requirements. You will also set a precedence to ensure the client is satisfied with all aspects of delivery quality, while continuously improving delivery to maintain a competitive edge.
As the Senior Project Manager, you will manage a number of multi-disciplinary rail infrastructure renewal projects from concept through to delivery, ranging in size up to £30million, also initially managing one Assistant Project Manager. The role is also open to Senior Project Managers based in Scotland, England & Wales, who are willing to travel every few weeks to Northern Ireland.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious leader with a proven track record in rail project delivery at a senior level. You will be a strategic thinker with a positive and adaptable attitude who strives to find solutions and overcome challenges. You will be an excellent communicator, both verbally and written.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include
* Participating as a Senior member of the Translink Projects team, formulating delivery strategies, plans and budgets, as well as monitoring performance to ensure that the delivery targets and margins are fully achieved
* Ensuring that Line Managers and their teams plan, develop and implement works to meet or better the tendered margins
* Ensuring that changes to scope and specifications are managed and that risk registers are robustly reviewed
* Managing the Organisation to ensure that all contract/service activities are carried out in accordance with all Health and Safety and other relevant legislation and company procedures
* Continually reviewing working practices to ensure the cost-effective delivery of the contract
* Directing the Management Team in compliance and procedures with delegated authorities for the delivery of contracts/service agreements and regularly reviewing performance
The experience you'll bring
* Previously held a position as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager
* Proven Rail Delivery experience is essential
* Main contractor, consultancy or client experience
* APM member or equivalent
* Engineering desirable but not essential
* Financial & commercial awareness essential
What a role with Babcock offers?
* 27 days holiday + bank holidays / public holidays
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 5th July 2022