Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Flexible on location with occasional travel to Bristol
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Job ID: SF44288
Make an Impact
Babcock Mission Systems is growing, and we need you to lead the delivery of one of our key projects. We have a vacancy for a Senior Project Manager to lead the project that is currently in the early design phase. We need you to lead this complex design project with support from a team of technical and non-technical members. In this role, you will be a key leader in the Mission Systems value stream, part of the Marine Sector of Babcock International. As part of this role, you will be responsible for successfully delivering the project to time, cost, and quality.
This project is currently the design phase and expected to become Babcock's next biggest design project with the build still a few years away.
The difference our new Senior Project Manager Lead will make
* Leading an integrated delivery team to achieve project objectives. Ensuring detailed, integrated schedules are planned, resourced, monitored, and controlled.
* Delivery of the launch system design, ensuring that documentation deliverables to the customer are achieved on time, to budget and to the required quality.
* Identification and strategizing of production and procurement decisions - ensuring protection of Babcock's commercial interests throughout.
* Negotiating solutions with customer and other stakeholders to ensure project success.
* Provide timely and accurate data to support internal and external reports.
* Developing clear scope from project requirements and formally agreeing that scope, schedule and budget with the project stakeholders.
* Tracking actual spend and progress against expected value earnt across all work packages.
* Ensuring accurate and realistic monthly Estimates to Complete (ETCs) are maintained and reported.
* Ensure production and supply chain activities are initiated in a timely fashion and are enable accurate demand of resources whilst enabling thorough ability to monitor and control throughout delivery.
* Ensure rigorous governance of project delivery through formal stage gates and reviews.
* Manage and control changes to requirements, scope, schedule and cost.
* Ensure risks, opportunities and issues are managed accordingly and regularly.
* Ensure accurate record of contractual obligations is maintained and communicated to delivery team.
Who we're looking for:
- Considerable project management experience.
- Experience of complex engineering projects with value of £50m plus ideally.
- Defence experience is desirable.
- Used to frequent interaction with senior leaders and key stakeholders
Collaborate: Win through building partnerships that last
This role requires someone for whom collaboration and working in partnership comes naturally.
Make a positive impact: Take responsibility for your part in making a difference
We're looking for a driven individual who wants to make a positive impact on a daily basis.
Always adapt: Focus on the future, be optimistic about change and keen to learn
Education and qualifications
APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) - or equivalent.
Risk Qualifications are advantageous.
What else do I need to know?
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.