Job Title: Senior Project Manager - TIQUILA
Location: Bristol, UK - Flexible agile working
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 45402
Make a real impact, immediately
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Project Manager at Bristol.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The Senior Project Manager role is based within Mission Systems.
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers' needs.
The difference our new Senior Project Manager will make
As a Senior Project Manager you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. The Programme sits within Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR), Mission Systems. The contract delivery relies on our ability as the Systems Integrator, working in conjunction with suppliers to meet developing demands and to keep pace with emergent technology and threats.
The solution and equipment provided will be evolving and modular and be upgradeable in Forward Operating Base workshops with limited basic tools to enable the system to fulfil multiple roles and maintain pace with technology and emerging threats.
Day to day, you'll build an integrated project delivery teams (including Project Management and Controls, Engineering, SHEQ, Commercial, Procurement and Supply Chain) that work together to define, plan, monitor and control the successful delivery of the project. Managing Customer interfaces and associated stakeholders including identification and monitoring of project risks, planning and implementing responses and leading the project to deliver world class performance by means of employee engagement, continuous improvement and identifying and implementing the latest technology.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met.
* Considerable project management experience in a setting of comparable complexity and requiring a similar set of transferrable skills.
* A robust background in project controls, project governance, the management of manufacturing scopes of work and experience in complex engineering procurement.
* Used to frequent interaction with senior leaders and key stakeholders
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
* Employee Share Plan
* Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
* STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 11/08/2022