Our Transportation Division is currently seeking Project Managers in our Gloucester office to support the delivery of a wide variety of multi-disciplinary highways projects within Gloucestershire and the surrounding counties. Using your excellent people, technical, time management and delivery skills, you’ll be part of a team project managing a variety of civil and structural designs for new build, renewal, maintenance and assessment works.
You will be part of one of the largest transportation consultancies in the UK, and a leading supplier of engineering services to government, regulatory and local authorities, infrastructure owners and operators. Major clients include Highways England, Various Local Authorities, Network Rail, London Underground, HS2, Train Operating Companies, Design & Build Contractors and other niche clients.
You will be working on highway projects being delivered under the Local Authority Framework Contract that we have with Gloucestershire County Council. We are looking to grow our civil engineering / highways design and supervision capability in the region, you will also have the opportunity to work with our internationally based design teams.
Ideally you will have a background in civil engineering design and experience of the delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary projects within highway environments. You’ll be familiar with working in large, geographically dispersed multidisciplinary design teams on projects at varying stages of development from feasibility to detailed design and construction.
- Managing technical input to a portfolio of multi-disciplinary civil engineering projects;
- With value management in mind working with technical leads to derive engineering solutions to problems and judgement to appraise and recommend options;
- Producing project data to support delivery of technical projects, spreadsheets and tracking data to Atkins Business Management System standards, including providing technical assurance of fee proposals;
- Overseeing commercial operation from pipeline management to final accounts, preparation of reports and specifications for sub-contract agreements;
- Staying abreast of industry developments and changes in standards; and
- Ensuring compliance with business management standards set in the company’s quality, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain and further develop the existing teams to continue delivering world class engineering projects on time and to budget;
- Line management duties including mentoring and developing personnel; and
- Working collaboratively with and supporting multi-disciplinary global teams. Briefing and directing project teams to ensure the work is carried out cost effectively and to specification.
- Client engagement at regional and national levels. Understanding and meeting the client’s business needs and for them to feel confident in our commitment to deliver;
- Maintaining and developing excellent professional relationships which can secure repeat business;
- Presenting to clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client focused manner; and
- To work as part of a collaborative team with the Contractor / Client / Public, developing strong and lasting relationships which promote aligned, efficient and smarter ways of working.
- Client, programme and financial management of projects;
- Preparing fee offers for agreement with the client;
- Working with the Gloucester Contract Managers on day to day basis in a co-located office;
- Assigning work to and checking / reviewing the project team proposals;
- Working collaboratively across the multiparty contract based in Gloucester with our client GCC, the wider Atkins group and our partners;
- Contributing to bid leadership and developing winning proposals for our largest opportunities; and
- Ensuring our culture of safety and commitment to the environment is maintained and promoted throughout our delivery teams.