Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.What you will be doing
We are looking for an experienced Senior Public Affairs Advisor
to deliver stakeholder engagement activities that help ensure the company meets its strategic objectives.We’re looking for you to:
What’s in it for you?
- Develop strong relationships with influential stakeholders, both internally and externally (for example with MPs) and understand their positions and expectations
- Have experience of engagement with external opinion formers and decision-makers, or a background in communications, together with the ability to advise others in the business on how to engage, where necessary, with stakeholders
- An ability to challenge accepted views in order to develop and improve current positions, drawing on a strong understanding of the environment in which the company operates, including the workings of Whitehall and Westminster
- Deliver a programme of meetings, briefings, site visits and events, and represent the company at meetings and forums with external stakeholders
- Monitor, interpret and act on political developments affecting the company and industry
- Develop engagement plans to advance the company’s position on key issues
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent); have excellent time management skills and be able to balance a variety of competing deadlines and demands. IT literate, particularly with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The chance to play a key role in the team responsible for our engagement with external stakeholders, such as government officials and Members of Parliament. The role provides excellent opportunities to work with key decision-makers on major issues, and offers excellent prospects for personal development, through working with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels and across all parts of the business.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. We are proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles, we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you will enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We are also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
You can find out more in our working for us section of our website.