At E.ON we're 100% committed to our part in creating a sustainable future, whether it's a new energy efficient boiler, insulating your home or providing a renewable energy solution, we are absolutely on it, and we would love you to join us in helping decarbonising customers' homes and helping the planet at the same time.
Right now, we're looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a strong financial and commercial background to join our team. Here you'll manage a small team of Quantity Surveyors and you'll be responsible for the successful commercial management of our projects. You'll work closely with our operations teams to create a competitive supply chain and seek continual improvements. In addition to this, you'll also work with our delivery team, ensuring that we are allocating the right installer to the right jobs, recovering costs and making improvements throughout the operational teams.
Within this role you'll also manage and ensure that all quantity surveying duties including commercial control of projects, valuation of subcontract applications and invoices, raising of internal invoicing and carried out. As well in this role, they'll be a key aspect of doing cost analysis and cost performance reporting against budgets to ensure that projects are before at the best rate possible from a commercial point of view.
Other responsibilities include:
- Seek new suppliers and contractors to continually improve the commercial competitiveness of EEIS, while maintaining delivery quality and security of supply.
- Prepare and lead the procurement plan for EEIS projects.
- Support the design and delivery teams in the preparation of tenders relating to the technical and commercial factors of the project, whilst closely liaising with the Procurement Team on tendering processes.
- Support ECO team with survey side contract negotiation, close and monitoring.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers and contractors as part of a multi functional team.
- Manage the preparation of contracts / pricing schedule for all types of contracts (T&M, NEC and JCT, and bespoke service agreements).
- Manage the internal service providers and create strategic partnerships to leverage the maximum value to E.ON.
- Run monthly CVR's with the operational stream
- Ensure non conformances are managed
A degree in a commercial or quantity surveying subject
Strong financial, commercial and management experience within a quantity surveying department.
Detailed experience of tender assessment and negotiations as well as specification writing and contract negotiation.
Experience in delivery of project of a value in excess of £5 million ( per annum) including EWI, Window and Roofing elements
Experience in modelling ECO and third party funding to maximise EEIS commercial opportunity and value to the Customer
Strong negotiating skills and an understanding of the commercial impact of their activities.
Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format.
An ability to think strategically about supply chain relationships, to secure the best long-term results for the team.
Oral and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, contractors, customers and senior managers.
A working knowledge of PC based computer systems and the ability to adapt quickly to changes to those systems.
A driving licence