About The RoleAbout this opportunity
We require a Senior Risk Specialist to support the Head of Risk Management to develop and implement our integrated risk management service across our capital programme portfolio.
You will be responsible for supporting the leadership of the risk function, work winning, key account management, recruitment and growing our UK Infrastructure Business, initially out of the North-West but also nationally. You will be responsible for having a leading role in strengthening Gleeds’ Risk Management proposition, both internally and externally.Key capabilities:
Key Role Requirements;
- Lead delivery of risk management commissions on major programmes and projects
- Conduct quantitative risk assessment (integrated, cost and schedule) to inform project contingency and time risk allowance levels. Depending on the role candidates will be expected to demonstrate proficient to experienced levels of competence with tools such as @risk, Safran, PRA or similar
- Confidently interrogate and present key risk findings to clients including QRA model outputs, recommendations to support decision making and assurance of supply chain risk management performance.
- Lead and facilitate risk workshops for the identification, assessment and prioritisation of threats, opportunities and mitigations.
- Proactively manage the completion of management responses aligned to schedule performance.
- Maintain visibility of threat/opportunity trigger points to facilitate risk cost profiling and proactive contingency drawdown including estimating uncertainty.
- Monitor overall risk exposure and assess against the remaining risk budget and timeline.
- Work with the supply chain to assess contractor responsibility risks and their views on client risks that could impact and/or improve their ability to deliver.
- Produce and present fit for purpose risk reports in Power Bi/Tableau, in a timely manner, to support the effective communication of threat & opportunity status and required senior management action.
- Commission management and risk service development and delivery
- Provide risk management training to Graduates, Junior Risk Resource and Multi-Disciplinary teams (both internally and externally)
- Drive innovation in risk management and be recognised as an Industry Expert.
- Supporting identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the UK Infrastructure business
- Delivering high quality services and deliverables ensuring that services meet our Customer’s requirements.
- Reviewing scope of appointments to ensure services are being delivered by team members in accordance with appointments
- Managing and maintaining Customer relationships (i.e. Clients, business partners and other consultants). Ensuring a Customer care plan is in place.
- Managing employees, focusing on retention and development.
- Developing and enhancing Gleeds risk management capability.
- Briefing employees on relevant aspects of Gleeds business.
- Supporting bids for services.
- Managing the commercial aspects of projects (e.g. scope of services/deliverables, invoices, payments, and debt management).
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- A generous holiday scheme plus the option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
About The CandidateWho we’re looking for:Behaviours:
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Performance Led.
- People Focused.
- A working understanding of a developing and implementing integrated risk management solutions across portfolios, programmes and projects
- Experience of senior management engagement on risk management
- Risk and Scenario Analysis workshop facilitation
- Qualitative and quantitative assessment of risk including probabilistic modelling (@risk, Safran, PRA or equivalent) preferred
- Strong understanding of Project Controls methodology and risk management interactions
- IRM/APM risk certified candidates preferred
About The CompanyJoining usBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality.