Senior SAP Basis Consultant
Location: United Kingdom - Hybrid
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior SAP Basis Consultant to join our Babcock Corporate Services division, reporting directly into the SAP Technical Team Lead. In this role you'll be providing technical input into SAP product maintenance to ensure systems remain compliant and within support.
This hybrid role may require travel to Portsmouth alongside remote working arrangements and access to any Babcock Hub. The role would be ideally suited to someone within travel distance to Portsmouth, although this is not essential.
Who we are looking for?
Working within the SAP Basis team you'll be providing appropriate response in resolving SAP production environment issues, making the role of a Senior SAP Basis Consultant pivotal within the organisation. Therefore, you'll come with a wealth of experience and be conversant with state-of-the-art support methodologies. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and develop a future career with Babcock International.
What will you be doing?
- System performance tuning and availability
- Utilising Solman 7.2 to improve operational excellence
- Providing basis support and guidance on projects as applicable
- Carrying out new system installations and associated post-installation activities
- Performing system upgrades and applying patches (e.g., kernel, HRSPS, ST-API, SAP JVM) in line with upgrade/maintenance policies
- Performing daily system checks and looking for automation opportunities to improve service
The experience you'll bring
You will need proven previous experience working within SAP Basis arena.
You will also need:
- Able to demonstrate "hands on" SAP Basis expertise
- MS SQL experience will be beneficial
- A working knowledge of Networks and Firewalls
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines, as well as the desire to deliver to milestones would be a distinct advantage
- Self-confidence which translates well for customers, partners, and colleagues
Lastly, you must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private medical
- Car allowance
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 16th August 2022