About the role
We are passionate about step changing cyber security capability to better protect our customers and colleagues across our global business, and we're looking to add great people to our growing team.
This new role challenges you to use your offensive skills to discover and demonstrate vulnerabilities and weaknesses in our systems. Tesco Technology has hundreds of software and infrastructure engineers deploying many solutions at scale using many different technology stacks. An internal penetration tester working collaboratively with many of our teams is key to addressing these findings, efficiently and at scale across Tesco.
We believe that skilled and passionate people are our greatest asset in reducing cyber risk to our business and customers. We encourage and support continual development and recognise the importance of keeping up with the latest technology (as well as all the older stuff) and an evolving threat landscape.
Are you up for this challenge?
You will be responsible for
You'll be working in an offensively trained and defensively focused security team, challenging yourself to find security vulnerabilities before others do. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality security assessments (web, mobile and infrastructure), working with other dedicated security professionals, as well as in partnership with software and infrastructure engineers.
You'll also have the advantage of being able to use internal knowledge, data sources and tools to help identify attack vectors and be able to test out your hypotheses.
You will be given time and opportunities to carry out personal research and put yourself through certifications supported by us to ensure you are on the top tier edge of offensive security.
You will need
- Penetration testing experience performing authorised tests on computer systems, exposing weaknesses in security that potentially could be exploited
- Experience of platforms like HackTheBox, Proving Grounds (Offensive Security), or similar
- GPEN, Crest, OSCP, OSEP or other industry relevant certifications are desired but not crucial.
- Good knowledge of network protocols and packet analysis / manipulation tools
- Knowledge of preventative and detective controls (Active Directory, firewalls, IDS, IPS, anti-virus, etc)
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking, willingness to challenge status quo
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced written and oral communications, self-motivator
- Great teammate and independent worker, highly adaptive
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme up to 20% of annual salary
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted Gympass membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join our Buy As You Earn' & Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Campus in Welwyn Garden City.