About the role:
You will be part of a new team creating our own in house multi-million pound ITIL service management framework. You will be involved in continuously improving our service for our current and future long term vision.
Acting as a senior agent in an IT service desk environment, you will be a first point of contact for Thames Employees and Partners to resolve their IT issues. You will work with the Thames IT partners to ensure incidents that can’t be fixed at first point of contact are routed efficiently to the correct team.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- The first time contact for IT issues from the Thames Water user community
- Continually improving the incident resolution times and first time fix rate.
- Working with the Problem Management analysts to provide quality of information for further root cause analysis
- Working closely with the incident manager to improve the quality of information to be used by 3rd party support teams to improve the incident resolution times
- Acting as mentor to the Service Desk Agents to improve their performance and knowledge
- Acting as a single point of contact for phone calls staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone
- 1st and 2nd line support - troubleshooting of IT related incidents from in-house software to hardware, such as mobile phones, Laptops, PCs
- Escalating unresolved calls
- Taking ownership of user incidents and follow up the status of incidents on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Advanced Active Directory knowledge, creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
What’s in it for you:
- The successful candidate will possess significant relevant customer-facing experience, IT technical skills and Leadership Skills.
- You will have excellent customer service skills and telephone manner and will have at least 3 years previous experience in an IT Technical Service Desk role and have excellent organisational skills.
- You will possess well developed interpersonal skills, outstanding communication skills (verbal, listening, written and tone) and you will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service.
- Knowledge and experience of supporting Windows 7/8/8.1 and Windows 10 is desirable, as well as knowledge of full MS Office 2010, 2013, 2016 Professional Suite and MS Office 365 environment.
- You will have experience in deploying operating systems and software through SCCM and LANDesk and have experience in using remote access methods and applications (Citrix and VDI).
- You will have a technical understanding of Active Directory (AD) and have working experience with Service management tools (Service now).
As part of our exciting plans, the IT operations team structure is growing to strengthen and increase our in-house capability and capacity. The areas of expertise we’re looking for, are focused on the end to end service management of our IT services (using the ITIL V3 framework).
This is a chance for you to work in our innovative creative office space where you will be able to visually demonstrate your skills, ideas and insights openly. This is a challenging role which requires you to help deliver the best next-generation services to all our customers.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.