Senior Solution Architect | Telford | GB14117
Working in a remote and hybrid environment, the role of the Senior Solution Architect can be delivered on site or from your very own home office.
The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for maintaining oversight of the Kuehne+Nagel application portfolio. The role includes creating and maintaining functional roadmaps and service catalogues, supporting the business in developing low-level solution designs with the input from Solution SME's and maintaining effective oversight of the estate and supporting new business sector innovation.
- Work with product SME's to develop roadmaps and service definitions for Kuehne+Nagel UK strategic applications.
- Work with local and corporate teams to ensure that RFP responses fit within Kuehne+Nagel delivery capability and that commercials are accurate.
- Translate high level business requirements into high-level requirements for SME's
- Maintain oversight of deployed estate to ensure operational stability, adoption and effective use of software products.
- Support business owners to ensure functional propositions are aligned to market and operational wants.
- Work with other internal functions to drive a standardised approach to service provision and deployment thus reducing portfolio cost and complexity.
- Ensure compliance with Kuehne+Nagel strategy, policies and architecture principals and legislative requirements.
- Maintain oversight of all UK development activity building commercial relationships with software providers
- Support business owners to ensure application functional catalogues are created, communicated and champion this within the user community.
- Contribute to the smooth transition of all development changes from software providers through to deployment into business as usual support.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Demonstrable expert-level knowledge of software application design along with expertise in the building of propositional roadmaps
- Proven track record in service design and customer engagement
- A proven ability to translate business objectives into technical requirements for internal or external delivery
- A demonstrable understanding of the tools and techniques used to integrate disparate applications and services
- A keen attention to detail whilst maintaining a clear view of the bigger picture
- An ability to communicate highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience and foster strong relationships and navigate conflicting opinions and priorities
- An ability to understand and apply internal and external policy or legislative requirements to services within the portfolio
- Knowledge of best practice methodologies for the definition and road mapping of services.
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team, we will make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You can join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and enjoy our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers everything from discounts, benefit information, recognition and its own wellbeing centre. We care for our colleagues (and their immediate family) with our employee assistance programme providing access to 24/7 GP, legal and financial advice along with mental health counselling. All of this to help you live a happier and healthier life As proud holders of the Gold Covenant, we are a forces-friendly employer who recognise the skills, expertise and value service leavers bring to our organisation.
With over 76000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.