Senior Sous Chef
The Senior Sous Chef will be responsible for keeping the kitchen running smoothly by being competent in the preparation of basic & advanced mis en place across all sections. Supporting & capable of running all sections during service. Demonstrating and teaching the core mechanics of a kitchen and engaging junior members of staff at every opportunity to further their development. The Senior Sous Chef will oversee all administrative aspects What we'll give:
Senior Sous Chef
- Salary: £35.015
- 40 hours per week
- Based in London
- Shifts on a rota basis
- Compass exclusive offers on Perks at Work
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Are you looking to join a company that invest in its people, recognises great work when they see it and provides plenty of opportunities for career growth? Then look no further because here at Compass Group UK & Ireland we know that when people are happy and satisfied it shines through!
At Compass we believe a successful career starts with passion, creativity and positivity. As one big family, our people are proud of what we do, we offer career opportunities and the chance to work across many different sectors More about the role:
Senior Sous Chef
Working for this prestigious client, we are seeking an experienced and talented Sous Chef to join our fantastic team who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients
Who you are:
- To manage and conduct food purchasing, and to be aware of spend & sales targets.
- Oversee and manage Porters, Commis Chefs, Chef De Partie & Sous Chef responsibilities.
- To frequently taste all dishes & there ingredients independently and to actively engage junior chefs to do the same. To always be inquisitive, and curious about flavour paring, cooking techniques & cuisine styles. To use their experience to put forward culinary ideas and implement them when appropriate.
- Continuing to Learn and understand different ingredients, there preparation, cuisine style and usage, with a greater focus on seasonality and their flavour profiles.
- Overseeing & preparation of Patient, Staff & Hospitality meals. Teaching and experimenting with plating techniques.
- Execute & enforce the maintenance of kitchen work areas
- Keeping ALL food storage areas immaculate, understanding and performing/overseeing correct stock rotation and labelling.
- Complying & performing/overseeing daily cleaning rotas.
- Supporting/overseeing junior chefs on the receipt of food deliveries from suppliers. Educating junior team members on ingredients and the optimum way to store them.
- To be well organised, and to most importantly keen to demonstrate & enforce culinary excellence as well as strong managerial skills.
- Self-motivated & team player is a must.
Who we are:
- Can accurately follow instructions (E)
- Can effectively manage, less experienced team members (E)
- To be accountable for section ownership and competency of junior chefs (E)
- Meticulous in detail (E)
- Inquisitive about all things culinary, both inside & outside the work place (E)
- Having a can do' attitude (E)
- Possessing a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance (E)
- Basic understanding of the commercial side of running a kitchen. P&L (E)
- Highly motivated and focused (E)
- Can work under pressure (E)
- Willing to work evenings and weekends (E)
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.