Senior Sous Chef - The Wellington Hospital - North West London
Up to £32,500 per annum
5 over 7 days
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Senior Sous Chef to join our dedicated catering team, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this highly innovative contract.
If you are an innovative and creative Senior Sous Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development - we want to hear from you! More about the role:
Who you are:
- To manage and conduct food purchasing, and to be aware of spend & sales targets.
- Oversee and manage Porters, Commis Chefs, Chef De Partie & Sous Chef responsibilities.
- To frequently taste all dishes & there ingredients independently and to actively engage junior chefs to do the same. To always be inquisitive, and curious about flavour paring, cooking techniques & cuisine styles. To use their experience to put forward culinary ideas and implement them when appropriate.
- Continuing to Learn and understand different ingredients, there preparation, usage, with a greater focus on seasonality and their flavour profiles.
- Overseeing & preparation of Patient, Staff & Hospitality meals. Teaching and experimenting with plating techniques.
- Execute & enforce the maintenance of kitchen work areas.
- Complying & performing/overseeing daily cleaning rotas.
- Supporting/overseeing junior chefs on the receipt of food deliveries from suppliers. Educating junior team members on ingredients and the optimum way to store them.
- To be well organised, and to most importantly keen to demonstrate & enforce culinary excellence as well as strong managerial skills.
Who we are:
- Innovative and creative individual
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Flexible approach with a can do attitude
- A good track record of driving world class performance
- Strong commercial experience
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Passionate about food
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.