Senior Supervisor (Mechanical)
AESAS RNAS Yeovilton, Heathcote Rd, Yeovil BA22 8HT
Full time, 38 hours
Having been awarded the contract to provide Aircraft Engineering Support and Airfield Services (AESAS) at Royal Naval Air Stations (RNAS) Yeovilton and Culdrose, we're continuing our strong working relationship across both these sites in supporting the Royal Navy's Merlin and Wildcat Helicopter Forces. And as our Aircraft Senior Supervisor, this individual will play a key role in helping us do that.
The Senior Supervisor (Mechanical) is to manage the AESAS Wildcat Maritime Force (WMF) personnel to ensure that all aircraft maintenance activities, servicing and defect rectifications are carried out whilst supporting and augmenting 815 and 825 Naval Air Squadrons as per the Statement of Work.
The Senior Supervisor (M) will ensure that the WMF rectification support meets with the airworthiness and safety outputs of the respective Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Organisations (CAMOs), as detailed in the latest Military Airworthiness Authority (MAA) approved Type / Mark Specific Continuing Airworthiness Management Expositions (CAMEs).
To have the ability to work a day's routine or a shift pattern in accordance with the Customer and operational requirements.
What you need to do the job:
- Must have 10 years' experience in military/industry airworthiness environment equivalent
- To have completed/held an Aircraft Certificate of Competency (CofC) or demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and experience within the Military Aviation Environment (MAE) to satisfy the awards of Level G authorizations.
- To have successfully completed Type Specific Wildcat HMA Mk2 Mk 2 Managers Course (or equivalent conversion course / training / experience) (mandatory).
- To have successfully completed GOLDesp Managers Course
- An exceptional and thorough working knowledge of the following:
- Aircraft Engineering and Aircraft Systems (by Trade).
- Aircraft Servicing and Support Equipment.
- Project Planning and Lean Operating Procedures.
- Naval Air Publications and Compound - Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (C-IETP).
- Health and Safety, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations, Tool Control and Quality Practices
- Engineering and Asset Management Systems.
- Completed a Maintenance Human Factors Course.
- An understanding and proven experience of Airworthiness Engineering Safety and Compliance iaw Regulatory and Legislative requirements (MAA and MAOS).
- Good people management experience
- A good capability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining operational outputs
What we offer
- £33,000 - £36,000 per annum
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A safe and supportive culture
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.